PDA

View Full Version : Kernel Power Event 41 Task 63 - Random shutdown G750JX

sevymar
03-23-2014, 07:26 PM
While i was playing the game Neverwinter the laptop (g750JX) randomly shuts down without any warning.
I restarted the laptop without any issue.

Went to check in the error log and saw a Kernel Power Event 41 Task 63 crash.

I went to Google about it and read that it's either a hardware issue or a windows 8 problem?

This was the first time i had it happening, i hope the last, i'll post again if it happens again :/

hmscott
03-23-2014, 09:47 PM
While i was playing the game Neverwinter the laptop (g750JX) randomly shuts down without any warning.
I restarted the laptop without any issue.

Went to check in the error log and saw a Kernel Power Event 41 Task 63 crash.

I went to Google about it and read that it's either a hardware issue or a windows 8 problem?

This was the first time i had it happening, i hope the last, i'll post again if it happens again :/

sevymar, that isn't supposed to happen. Are you running without the battery plugged in, and just running on the power adapter?

You may have already seen his thread, Selturas has a similar problem, he found it by running without the battery plugged in. The power adapter is not putting out enough current at max power draw and the laptop powers off - he is sending it in to get debugged - it doesn't happen when the battery is left in while the adapter is plugged in.
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?45363-G750JH-charger-power-supply-problem&p=385803&viewfull=1#post385803

cosie
04-10-2014, 08:39 PM
I have had the same problem two times within last 2 days.
750JH
But I didn't update any drivers at all yet.
Will try to update drivers first.
PS Battery always inside

hmscott
04-10-2014, 09:26 PM
I have had the same problem two times within last 2 days.
750JH
But I didn't update any drivers at all yet.
Will try to update drivers first.
PS Battery always inside

cosie, definitely update to Windows 8.1 + Microsoft Updates, and then download all the drivers that apply to your hardware from the newest downloads available, in the new G750JM/JS/JZ support areas. You might need to fill in a couple from the JW/JX/JZ support areas if you haven't been keeping everything up to date.

http://support.asus.com/Search.aspx?SLanguage=en&keyword=g750&ps=10&pn=1

The latest BIOS update for your laptop is also a good idea. Settings to Defaults after first boot after updating the BIOS.

Are you getting a complete random power off only, or a long shutdown, or a black screen on boot as well?

Does your JH have a matte screen or a glossy 3D screen? Updating to the latest (non-Beta) Nvidia Release driver downloaded from Nvidia is also a good idea. And, do a Clean Install (check the box in the installer) of the video driver.

cosie
04-11-2014, 07:25 AM
cosie, definitely update to Windows 8.1 + Microsoft Updates, and then download all the drivers that apply to your hardware from the newest downloads available, in the new G750JM/JS/JZ support areas. You might need to fill in a couple from the JW/JX/JZ support areas if you haven't been keeping everything up to date.

http://support.asus.com/Search.aspx?SLanguage=en&keyword=g750&ps=10&pn=1

The latest BIOS update for your laptop is also a good idea. Settings to Defaults after first boot after updating the BIOS.

Are you getting a complete random power off only, or a long shutdown, or a black screen on boot as well?

Does your JH have a matte screen or a glossy 3D screen? Updating to the latest (non-Beta) Nvidia Release driver downloaded from Nvidia is also a good idea. And, do a Clean Install (check the box in the installer) of the video driver.

hmscott, thanks for suggestions.
First time was blue screen with "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" message - that time I working with windows.
Second time was during gaming - just suddenly reboot.
Both times at event log was the same message - Kernel Power Event 41 Task 63
Here I found about blue screen and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED problem related to mouse driver issue.
By the way I have a mouse problem - sometimes left click is not work, may be 1 of 50 clicks.
So, yesterday I have updated mouse driver, as was suggested here - will test laptop.

My JH has a glossy 3D screen. After about 2 weeks I got one pixel or a group of several white pixels on it.

I'll try to make updates as you suggested, thanks.

Selturus
04-13-2014, 09:44 AM
Hey mate, Ive seen you might have similar problem like mine, random shutdown during playing/working. After restart everything runs fine. I'd suggest you update all drivers like suggested, but if the problem continues, report it asap! It very well might be malfunctioned power board like with me. Btw, quick question, did it occour somewhere around 1-1,5 months after the purchase?

hmscott
04-14-2014, 01:01 AM
hmscott, thanks for suggestions.
First time was blue screen with "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" message - that time I working with windows.
Second time was during gaming - just suddenly reboot.
Both times at event log was the same message - Kernel Power Event 41 Task 63
Here I found about blue screen and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED problem related to mouse driver issue.
By the way I have a mouse problem - sometimes left click is not work, may be 1 of 50 clicks.
So, yesterday I have updated mouse driver, as was suggested here - will test laptop.
My JH has a glossy 3D screen. After about 2 weeks I got one pixel or a group of several white pixels on it.
I'll try to make updates as you suggested, thanks.

Selturus is correct, it might be a flaky power section on your laptop too.

Left click on trackpad?, or external mouse? Sometimes the angle of attack isn't right on a trackpad click and it doesn't connect - might be a sign of wear - ask Asus to replace worn parts. That is why I recommend using an external keyboard / mouse when possible, to reduce wear on the laptop built-in's.

Deal pixels are covered by Asus policy.

You can file a Technical Inquiry to request an RMA for the dead pixels, flaky mouse, and flaky power/crashing problem. Make sure to mention all the problems. That way all the problems can be fixed in 1 trip :)

http://vip.asus.com

Ship the battery and AC power brick with cables too for the RMA, make sure Asus knows you are including them for testing.

Selturus
04-14-2014, 12:26 PM
Hope its nothing serious, and also depends on your country of residence and ASUS support there. Simple replacement of power board is taking over 3 weeks for me, and its still not done. Do your max gaming before you send ;)

cosie
04-15-2014, 06:57 PM
Selturus,
ok thanks for suggest
I would say, first time it occured after 2 weeks.
After mouse driver, new nvidia driver and windows 8.1 update - there is no bsod at the moment.

hmscott,
external asus mouse
regarding dead pixels as I know there is always some qty of the dead pixels which is not the problem according to the warranty conditions.
And yes, I'll send it to the Asus representative, but later, after the situation in my country will become stable due to the current russian aggression. I am from Ukraine.

Thank guys.

OpP026
07-19-2014, 07:31 PM
Hi

I have the same problem, but just when I use my display pluged in the VGA port and only when I'm playing something like Rome II or Watch Dogs.