PDA

View Full Version : Asus ROG Global warranty coverage in India

sasha007
03-24-2014, 07:16 AM
Hi ,

I'm planning to buy an Asus ROG G750JH laptop from US and get it shipped to India .

I want to know whether the global warranty that the laptop comes with is valid in India or not ? I'll buy a 2year Global warranty extension in US itself . Would it be valid in India ?

FYI These models are not yet launched in US let apart India . :p

Please reply .

hmscott
03-24-2014, 07:18 AM
Hi ,

I'm planning to buy an Asus ROG G750JH laptop from US and get it shipped to India .

I want to know whether the global warranty that the laptop comes with is valid in India or not ? I'll buy a 2year Global warranty extension in US itself . Would it be valid in India ?

FYI These models are not yet launched in US let apart India . :p

Please reply .

You probably want to get the answer straight from the horses mouth, ask Asus through a Technical Inquiry, giving your intention and location.

Did you mean the JZ, or the JH? The JH has been released in the US :)

sasha007
03-24-2014, 07:28 AM
You probably want to get the answer straight from the horses mouth, ask Asus through a Technical Inquiry, giving your intention and location.

Did you mean the JZ, or the JH? The JH has been released in the US :)

I meant JH - the ones with Nvidia 800's GPU's :D . Are they available in US ?

And when I try to do a technical inquiry , the form asks me to fill the serial number and stuff . Since I don't yet have the product , how can i enter the serial number :P

hmscott
03-24-2014, 08:06 AM
The G750JH is the current model with the GTX780m, the G750JZ is the unreleased replacement for the JH, with the GTX880m.

You should be able to put in dummy info, like 0000001 or some such. I haven't had to do that for a while, because I have a number of items registered that I can go in under.

See if you can register another item from Asus, like a mouse, or something you have...

sasha007
03-24-2014, 08:39 AM
Ok . Let me try to contact them .

cl-Albert
03-24-2014, 04:52 PM
1. If you didn't already know, not all the notebooks sold in the U.S. come with international warranty, so if it matters, you may want to check this as well.
The warranty card included in the notebook should mention if it includes international warranty or only local warranty if you have a way to check before purchasing, but as far as I know, the notebook models purchased at physical BestBuy stores in the U.S. will not include international warranty, so something else to watch out for.

Also, G750JH isn't the full model name and there will be an extended model name like G750JH-xxxx where 'xxxx' is more letters and numbers.

This is important because different extended model names can have different configurations, prices, warranty, etc. so if you want to ask ASUS about global warranty for the notebook it's a good idea to specify exactly which extended model name you plan to purchase, so they can check this for you.

2. Even if you purchase a notebook with international warranty, it's doesn't mean every ASUS service center will be able to fix it, or that they can get parts right away, so you may also want to discuss with your local ASUS service center and support to find out what kind of service you can expect for the notebook you plan to purchase overseas.
If it's possible, it's better to purchase a notebook model that is sold in your country since your local ASUS service center should repair that model and have the parts.
Otherwise, you might find some service centers will refuse to fix your model or there will be a longer delay for parts, etc.

Hope this clears things up a little.

sasha007
03-25-2014, 02:39 AM
1. If you didn't already know, not all the notebooks sold in the U.S. come with international warranty, so if it matters, you may want to check this as well.
The warranty card included in the notebook should mention if it includes international warranty or only local warranty if you have a way to check before purchasing, but as far as I know, the notebook models purchased at physical BestBuy stores in the U.S. will not include international warranty, so something else to watch out for.

Also, G750JH isn't the full model name and there will be an extended model name like G750JH-xxxx where 'xxxx' is more letters and numbers.

This is important because different extended model names can have different configurations, prices, warranty, etc. so if you want to ask ASUS about global warranty for the notebook it's a good idea to specify exactly which extended model name you plan to purchase, so they can check this for you.

2. Even if you purchase a notebook with international warranty, it's doesn't mean every ASUS service center will be able to fix it, or that they can get parts right away, so you may also want to discuss with your local ASUS service center and support to find out what kind of service you can expect for the notebook you plan to purchase overseas.
If it's possible, it's better to purchase a notebook model that is sold in your country since your local ASUS service center should repair that model and have the parts.
Otherwise, you might find some service centers will refuse to fix your model or there will be a longer delay for parts, etc.

Hope this clears things up a little.

Thanks a lot for your detailed reply . I just needed to know that even if a particular model is not marketed and sold in India , but a slight varied model ( with maybe a GT 760M instead of GT 860M ) is marketed and sold . Does Asus use compatible parts to replace parts ?

BTW since the G750JH with GT760M is sold here in India , I'm not sure if we will get the 860M refresh here or not ! That is why worried :(

QC_Desired
03-25-2014, 05:06 AM
I hate to say it but your taking chances ordering online with these. Some of us have had to return them for defects.

Go retail so if you have any issues you can exchange or refund.

You may also want to consider getting the extended warranty with the retailer so that they can deal with ASUS RMA, because you don't know what you might get from them...

I sent an EP121 for RMA (double boxed with foam padding and original packaging inside) and it came back in pieces with the original serial number damaged and half peeled off. It was sent back and they put it back together, but it's not in the same physical condition as it was in when it was sent to them.

You don't want to have to RMA these babies. And if you do let your retailer deal with it if you can.

cl-Albert
03-25-2014, 05:47 PM
Thanks a lot for your detailed reply . I just needed to know that even if a particular model is not marketed and sold in India , but a slight varied model ( with maybe a GT 760M instead of GT 860M ) is marketed and sold . Does Asus use compatible parts to replace parts ?

BTW since the G750JH with GT760M is sold here in India , I'm not sure if we will get the 860M refresh here or not ! That is why worried :(

Yes, repair capabilities/policies can vary some from location to location, so it's best to check with the local ASUS service center you plan to get service from if possible since I'm located in U.S. and will not have this information for them.

In my opinion though if there isn't too much difference between purchasing overseas and purchasing in the local country, you may want to reconsider purchasing in the local country you plan to get service from to help avoid any issues or delays related to warranty service.
Try to discuss with the local ASUS support/service center too if you can to get a better idea of the situation.

kidfromhell
03-26-2014, 09:56 PM

Hello Sasha, lemme clear things a bit. First of all, I own the 750JX bought from Amazon. I'm an Indian as well but will be staying in US for my graduate studies. So I hope that I can answer your queries pretty well. :)

First of all, the ONLY model OFFICIALLY available in India right now is the 750JX. You can see/order it from Flipkart. See link below. The price has increased from staggering 1.56 Lacs to mind numbing 1.9 Lacs. (US $3143)

http://www.flipkart.com/asus-g750jx-cv069p-laptop-4th-gen-ci7-24gb-1-5tb-win8-pro-3gb-graph/p/itmdzmwyt78fd3zr?pid=COMDN8MZNMBFZZ76&srno=b_2&ref=4904edea-30ba-44da-a894-e5759890876b

1. The model you specified isn't released in US as of now and after it releases here, chances in India are that they might release just one version of the three or none at all. They might also stick with the 750JX for Indian market as people generally don't spend that much for a notebook.

2. If you're keen on buying the JZ, you might wanna wait a bit and when it does, be ready to shell out tons of cash for shipping and delivery excluding the taxes which'll blow you out. You might wanna pay for insurance as well. If you're trying to buy from Amazon, then you're out of luck as Amazon won't be shipping those internationally which means you'd have to send it to somewhere within US and get it shipped to India from there. You have eBay GEB, but it may set you back by 2 Lacs or more. If you're gonna ship it by yourself, you have to be terribly careful.

3. Even if you have it and it does have international warranty, you WON'T get any support as there won't be any spares available as the model hasn't been released yet. Even if has been released and if yours differs from the one released, then you may be out of luck. Or they might ask you to wait for weeeeeeeks before your product gets serviced.

4. Unless you buy the device from a retail shop, you won't get the warranty card sealed. So when you service your device back in India, you might need it and your Amazon or eBay bill might not stand a chance for defense. (Buying in physical stores in US will get the card sealed, but they might not give you international warranty)

5. Most Indian reps never understand the fact you're trying to convey, so expect some tough time when you send it for a service. Chances are that they might refuse altogether.

Better wait for the model to launch in India (have a constant look at flipkart, it'll have them first) or else go for the model which is presently available there. Buying a damn costly device over here and if it reaches as a DoA or with defects, it'll cost your peace of mind altogether unless you have tooooooons of spare case lying around. Either way, it's your go.

Cheers :D

Vinith Pillai
04-28-2014, 07:55 AM
Hello Sasha, lemme clear things a bit. First of all, I own the 750JX bought from Amazon. I'm an Indian as well but will be staying in US for my graduate studies. So I hope that I can answer your queries pretty well. :)

Hi, I have also bought a G750JX from Amazon, US and settled in India. How do I buy the extended warranty? I tried the online way, but there is an error in loading the page. I was refused the extended warranty in here.

Is the extended warranty offered an international one?

kidfromhell
04-28-2014, 11:10 PM
Hi, I have also bought a G750JX from Amazon, US and settled in India. How do I buy the extended warranty? I tried the online way, but there is an error in loading the page. I was refused the extended warranty in here.

Is the extended warranty offered an international one?

I highly doubt that. I don't think so that it will be an international one, but even even if it is, if they service people in India don't know about it (which has a 100% chance that they don't know), they you might have a tough time of convincing them or getting refused altogether. Please consult with those people before purchasing.