PDA

View Full Version : G750JX Touchpad settings

Bigike
03-26-2014, 09:43 PM
First off what a wonder full machine! My first time owning an ASUS and i think that the week it took me to review laptops paid off... wow.

Only issue that i have is with the touchpad... It doesn't seem to have the options of a Synaptics. The GUI is extremely limited and when I attempt to enable extra setting in REGEDIT it doesn't do anything and the setting revert to stock.

One issues is that I'd like to set palm check a little highter... I use this as a work PC and type reports daily, i've got large hands and my left hand thumb area of my palm sometimes rests on the touchpad lightly and moves the mouse.

Is there a driver suite that doesn't have ASUS GUI and might have more options? A link to Vanilla drivers from Elan would be awesome!

I'd also like to get more 3 finger and even 4 finger gestures to control Win 8.1 a little better...

Stupid question but is there anyway i can run Synaptics drivers with this touchpad????? I'm reaching on that one, i know...

Thanks for the time,
Jay

Bigike
03-28-2014, 01:51 AM
To the top... Really looking for a fix, looks like there are options for this pad that are hidden... ASUS please make a fully functioning GUI or quite using it and go to a Synaptics!

Bigike
03-30-2014, 01:56 PM
http://www.hwdrivers.com/ftp/fd_-slash-Laptop-slash-Acer-slash-Aspire-slash-V3-7710-slash-Drivers_Win8_x64-slash-/fl_TouchPad_ELANTECH_v11.6.11.002_Win8_64bit.zip

Incase anyone else is disappointed with the ASUS Gui.... These are almost perfect...