PDA

View Full Version : Intel Rapid Storage Driver BSOD? (iastor.sys) on G75VW

finalhour
03-26-2014, 10:41 PM
Hey guys and gals,

I was wondering if anyone else has gotten blue screens of death (BSOD) from the Intel Rapid Storage Driver? I get the following message: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I have a G75VW-BBK5 that I upgraded to Windows 8 and had been doing fine with until about 3 months ago when this began. I tried removing the rapid storage driver as windows recommended, this gave other BSOD's (I can't remember what ones but something to do with driver power state failure), and so I reinstalled a newer version, which seemed more stable at first, only for more BSOD's to happen now...

finalhour
03-28-2014, 07:21 PM
Has no one had this issue? :-(

Clintlgm
03-29-2014, 12:54 AM
Well Finalhour, doesn't seem to be any of us. I did google it and there seems to be quite a bit of information or at least lots of others that are getting the same BSOD error.

GottiBoi55
03-30-2014, 10:30 PM
The Asus Driver info for the IRST is as stated below.

*Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver
If you want to upgrade your OS from Win 7 to Win 8, to prevent software compatibility issue, please do not uninstall the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver. User only could install the new IRST driver directly to update*

You need to keep the old IRST drive intact, then install the new IRST drive over the old , and this will in turn will update the IRTS properly for W8.