PDA

View Full Version : ASUS should really update their VGA driver offerings...

notfound
03-27-2014, 02:53 PM
As a customer who were told directly from ASUS representative that I should stick to ASUS's own VGA driver(otherwise I will have to suffer from the color temperature issue I had with my G750JX)...I feel terrible that their driver update is stalled over half a year. For now I'm left with no choice but to click no to all nvidia update popup as I cannot risk same problem again.

In fact it's not only about vga drivers, but drivers that are often updated like lan, audio, and chipset could benefit from new driver yet no new driver has been released since 2014.

Hopefully any inside person seeing this could make some difference..

rdiscipio1
03-28-2014, 06:41 PM
Just want to say I agree...

I do not have these issues though since I did a fresh/clean install on a SSD from a licensed 8.1 disk so I do not have any issues updating the drivers via NVidia. No ASUS software to spoil anything.

noone
03-29-2014, 01:41 AM
For now I'm left with no choice but to click no to all nvidia update popup as I cannot risk same problem again.

Hopefully any inside person seeing this could make some difference..

You poor soul... what exactly do you need? What is it in the new drivers that is causing you such pain not to have? I hear people complain about products and lack of support or driver updates across all makes and models, we are in an era of profits, if Asus don't see an issue, they won't grease the wheel. If you want an update as the hardware manufacturer has released one, you might want to contemplate the workload involved vs the gain, assuming the new drivers even had relevant updates for our particular setup.

Try disabling auto updates, you don't need to update drivers the second they list them (I would do updates other than VGA less than twice a year). You could also try the Nvidea drivers, a tone issue is hardly world-ending...

End Rant

notfound
03-31-2014, 10:13 AM
First, I like your writing style. Wish I could humor my writing like that.
I might just disable auto update...and no, I don't need them the second they list them, but then I do need updates that will boost performance on my gtx770m (tomb raider, coh, battlefield et al all got a performance boost since drivers from 2013 era). CUDA APIs were updated and I could find them useful with my dev side utilization. When this much is on the table, it is not that asus don't see an issue. They are just too lazy to test and upload newer driver.

Anyway, had this laptop been not infected with this issue [http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?43315-Auto-contrast-is-driving-me-nuts!!&country=&status=], I'd have been happy choosing whatever driver that I feel stable and relatively up to date....but that's rant from me.