PDA

View Full Version : I have an opportunity to upgrade from a samsung Series 7 Gamer to G750JH - Have Q's?

Caustic
03-30-2014, 01:07 AM
I currently own a Samsung Series 7 Gamer NP700G7C. There is nothing wrong with it, but it is older, so I can upgrade at work for free.

NP700G7C:
Intel core_i7 Processor 2.3GHz 3610QM
16 GB RAM
1.5TB Hard Drive
17.3-Inch Screen, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M 2048memory
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
2x 750Gig 7200 rpm Hard Drives (non-raid) with an 80gig SSD to speed bootup
16 GB SO-DIMM RAM

This laptop probably has the best display I've ever seen in my life on a laptop - and I've used a LOT! It has a scorching 400 nit full 1080p glossy display. Blurays look better on the laptop than my TV. :(

With that said... I have the opportunity to upgrade to an: Asus ROG G750JH-DB71
Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.4GHz (Turbo 3.4GHz) Haswell
24 GB DDR3; HD Version
128GB SSD * 2 + 1TB 5400 RPM HDD
17.3-Inch Screen, Nvidia GTX780M 4GB GDDR5
Windows 8, 3.5-hour battery life

The G750JH is already purchased. I can either keep it and upgrade, or give it to a co-worker and possibly upgrade at a later date.

I am just curious as to how your G750JH laptop is holding up. I care about Ergonomics, since I'll be using it for large portions of the day. I like logical port placement and power cord placement (IE not something that gets in the way of my mouse).

My concerns:

How is the Build quality and layout? My last Asus product - a TF300 Android tablet only survived 6-8 months before it took a crap and the ports all started falling apart.
Hard Drvies... specifically the 5400 RPM storage drive. That seems really slow... I would essentially be downgrading from my existing 7200RPM drives, but the dual 128 SSD's would be an upgrade.
How is the display compared to my Old sammy? (17.3" Full HD (1920 x 1080) 400nit SuperBright Plus LED Display)
How is the keyboard? I've never really liked the chicklet style keyboards, so I'm actually amazed they put one on a gaming laptop.
Is the headphone AMP really any better? How is the sound quality? How is the max volume?

Darnassus
03-30-2014, 02:45 AM
The build quality is good as far as I'm aware, I've got no wear and tear and I've had the laptop already for 2 months. ( JX )

The Hard Drives are fine, 5400 isn't as bad as you think, though if it's really an issue, you can always take one out of the 7200rpm 750gigs from the other laptop and shove it into the JH.

The display changes and varies between which model you get, the Matte and Gloss are different of course. The Matte however I find personally is over-kill. It's a really thick coating. Also, technically it's larger than 17 inch, it's more so almost a 20 inch.

The Chiclet Keyboard takes some getting used to. Like all keyboards. I find it easily to clean though.

The sound is fine as far as I'm aware, you can turn off the sound amp applications if they're too annoying or change too much. Personally I like them.

The only downside of the laptop is the rubber can peel if you use a bad case for it, and that the palmrest deck is annoying to clean. The steel brush finish has a 'grain' going up and down, and collects dirt.

Make sure you didn't get a defect, this particular model seems to be difficult in finding a 'good manufactured' one.

hmscott
03-30-2014, 02:53 AM
I currently own a Samsung Series 7 Gamer NP700G7C. There is nothing wrong with it, but it is older, so I can upgrade at work for free.

NP700G7C:
Intel core_i7 Processor 2.3GHz 3610QM
16 GB RAM
1.5TB Hard Drive
17.3-Inch Screen, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M 2048memory
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
2x 750Gig 7200 rpm Hard Drives (non-raid) with an 80gig SSD to speed bootup
16 GB SO-DIMM RAM

This laptop probably has the best display I've ever seen in my life on a laptop - and I've used a LOT! It has a scorching 400 nit full 1080p glossy display. Blurays look better on the laptop than my TV. :(

With that said... I have the opportunity to upgrade to an: Asus ROG G750JH-DB71
Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.4GHz (Turbo 3.4GHz) Haswell
24 GB DDR3; HD Version
128GB SSD * 2 + 1TB 5400 RPM HDD
17.3-Inch Screen, Nvidia GTX780M 4GB GDDR5
Windows 8, 3.5-hour battery life

The G750JH is already purchased. I can either keep it and upgrade, or give it to a co-worker and possibly upgrade at a later date.

I am just curious as to how your G750JH laptop is holding up. I care about Ergonomics, since I'll be using it for large portions of the day. I like logical port placement and power cord placement (IE not something that gets in the way of my mouse).

My concerns:

How is the Build quality and layout? My last Asus product - a TF300 Android tablet only survived 6-8 months before it took a crap and the ports all started falling apart.
Hard Drvies... specifically the 5400 RPM storage drive. That seems really slow... I would essentially be downgrading from my existing 7200RPM drives, but the dual 128 SSD's would be an upgrade.
How is the display compared to my Old sammy? (17.3" Full HD (1920 x 1080) 400nit SuperBright Plus LED Display)
How is the keyboard? I've never really liked the chicklet style keyboards, so I'm actually amazed they put one on a gaming laptop.
Is the headphone AMP really any better? How is the sound quality? How is the max volume?

It sounds like you should take the JH for a trial period, and know the answers to your questions first hand :)

The JH is nearing the end of it's life cycle, with the replacement G750JZ coming out soon with a GTX880m. Likely not much faster, but it is newer, so that counts for something.

I love the AUO screen on my JH, but there are some that ***** about bleeding from the right edge. Mine has minimal bleeding, and I don't see it unless I have the screen at 100% with a completely black screen. With normal images, I never see it, even at 100% brightness. The AUO screen is "retina searing" at 100%, I run it at 70%, it has extra brightness for outdoor use - but I haven't even tried it outdoors yet.

Uninstall Asus Splendid if you want accurate color.

Pull the 1TB drive and put it in an external USB 3.0 case, and use it for backups. I put in a Samsung 840 Pro 512GB instead.

These days I always use an external keyboard/mouse/trackpad, so I don't rate the keyboard/trackpad - but the times I have used them they work fine. I have found over time it is easier to replace an external keyboard than the built in one, and it keeps the laptop cleaner to keep my mitts off of it.

The Dual M.2 NGFF 128GB drives in RAID0 benchmark at 1GB/sec Read, so that's fast.

The headphone jack works great for me with a 40ohm headset, Sony MDR-XB500's sound great. But these days I use sound through the HDMI and Toslink (headphone jack too). Some have complained about the power saving mode crackling, but the newer RealTek drivers turn off power saving mode on AC.

The quality of the 3 G750's I have had have been excellent, with no defects or reason's to return them. But, I did check them out at the retail shop, booting them up to checkout the screens, before I took them home. I rejected 1 JX because it had a scratched screen - but it was a demo model - I doubt it came that way from Asus.

The other thing you need to consider is that the G750JH is a beast of a laptop. Large, heavy, but quiet. And, it has a 230w Power adapter that is 2x the size/weight of the JW/JX. You will be toting serious weight around to carry it - so be sure and get a solid cushioned case to protect it. And, don't swing it around, there is a lot of mass involved, and it can get away from you quickly. Especially compared to the Series 7.

If you can, keep your old laptop and compare the screen against the one in the G750, and let us know what you think :)

Caustic
03-30-2014, 03:41 AM
Keeping the old laptop wont really be an option, but I can definitely let you know my initial impressions, since I'll have to set it up anyhow.

Would I be better served waiting 6-8 months and upgrading at that time? Unfortunately, we can only order new hardware via best buy business, and the Asus ROG G750JH is the top of the line through that site, despite it being near the end of the product's life cycle. My budget was ~$2500.

With the Asus G750 - do any of you find that the headphone jack and power cord get in the way of your mouse while gaming? I hate when manufacturers place those plugs/ports on the right side of the laptop.

hmscott
03-30-2014, 06:13 AM
Keeping the old laptop wont really be an option, but I can definitely let you know my initial impressions, since I'll have to set it up anyhow.

Would I be better served waiting 6-8 months and upgrading at that time? Unfortunately, we can only order new hardware via best buy business, and the Asus ROG G750JH is the top of the line through that site, despite it being near the end of the product's life cycle. My budget was ~$2500.

With the Asus G750 - do any of you find that the headphone jack and power cord get in the way of your mouse while gaming? I hate when manufacturers place those plugs/ports on the right side of the laptop.

Best Buy does price matching, and right now newegg.com has the G750JH for only $2109.99 and it includes a free $100 laptop backpack - a very nice one.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231088

I have a plethora of cords coming out of the right side, and 2 on the left too, but one of the plugs is the wireless dongle for my wireless keyboard, no wires.

Time was you had to have a wire to get good response, but I don't notice any lag using wireless - I do like my wired keyboards better Logitech G15 + Lycosa but with those I use a Razor Mamba - mostly wirelessly.

So, if you don't like cables, go wireless :)

Crmn1625
03-30-2014, 06:23 AM
The power chord is a right angle plug so I have mine aimed to the back, just the one inch protrusion and then the chord out the back on right side. As for the headphone jack, I would guess that a right angle adapter could be found for this as well so that the chord could be rerouted away from heading too far out the right side.

Norup58
03-30-2014, 07:20 AM

This is the only thing I have a grief about, otherwise I very satisfied with the G750JH.
Just like #Crmn1625 I lead the power cord towards the back of the laptop but do find the headphone jack and Supercharger USB port a little annoying.
Using a Icemat headset and the 3,5mm jack sticks out about 2/3" which means I regularly bump the jack with back of my thumb when using the mouse and to a certain extend also the Supercharger USB port when charging my iPhone.
I have gotten used to it now but those 3 ports (audio/mic/supercharger) should have been moved to the front of the laptop and it would have made the laptop perfect.
I use a 18"4 zipper sleeve when transporting. Not a snug fit but servers its purpose.

ednevell
03-30-2014, 07:37 AM
Hey best buy have a new model releasing on the 20th of april, I know because we have 2 in stock now but wont be on the shelves till the 20th.

Might be worth looking at.

Caustic
03-30-2014, 12:00 PM
Hey best buy have a new model releasing on the 20th of april, I know because we have 2 in stock now but wont be on the shelves till the 20th.

Might be worth looking at.
Best buy and Best Buy's Business site are two different animals, unfortunately. It also doesn't matter because the order is already placed.

Caustic
03-30-2014, 02:47 PM
So what is the concensus? Would you take the upgrade or no? I know this is an Asus forum, but it is a legit question. I want to know how you owners feel about the laptop. I will likely not be using an external keyboard, but will use an external mouse. The chicklet keyboard on this concerns me.

hmscott
03-30-2014, 08:45 PM
So what is the concensus? Would you take the upgrade or no? I know this is an Asus forum, but it is a legit question. I want to know how you owners feel about the laptop. I will likely not be using an external keyboard, but will use an external mouse. The chicklet keyboard on this concerns me.

Yes, take the upgrade. :)

It is an amazing laptop, and given the small niggles you have can be worked around, I would say go for it.

I do recommend an external keyboard for all desktop replacement laptops, but you already know that.

There have been reports of WASD failures already with the built-in keyboard, so if you intend on wailing on the keys for gaming I would be prepared to replace/repair the keyboard in the future. If you are doing normal work on the built-in keyboard, then it shouldn't be a problem. The keyboard feels fine the few times I have used it.

If you have to pick this sight unseen, I think we have all prepared you, but a trial period is recommended before accepting it as your long term upgrade.

QC_Desired
03-31-2014, 12:09 AM
a trial period is recommended before accepting it as your long term upgrade.

I would definitely agree with that. :)

My concerns:

I've had my hands on 7 of these G750JH units, (in the hopes of finding ONE good one), and unfortunately the build quality and/or quality control was lacking (understatement). I dealt with three different suppliers/retailers and all were returned for exchange or eventual refund (to my dismay), for the following defects:

Units with AUO Panels all had light bleed from the right side. And contrary to some opinions it was quite noticeable during games and BluRay playback. Basically like a flashlight shining through on the right.

Units with Chi Mei panels had their own issues but did not have bleed. I preferred the Chi Mei panels, but those units had other defects.

My guess is that the quality and/or viewing angle might not be as good as what you are accustomed to with the Samsung but that is only a guess.

Honestly I have seen better screens and build quality from store brand $300 40" LCD panels, so I was really hoping they would improve on this for the newer models.

*Some* things to look out for with the G750/G750JH:

Broken Hinges or Hinge Covers. I received two with this defect, and comparing with one demo model I saw a cable sticking out from one of these hinges, so I beleive this is an issue to look out for.

Touchpad installation issues: Not centered correctly, and/or air pockets/bubbles underneath, and in one case touchpad was overlapping palmrest area.

Keyboard: At least one unit had a key that wasn't functioning correctly. (One specific key worked only intermittently).

Keyboard Lighting: Not a big deal but on one unit (that also had other defects), the keyboard lighting was over-bright in one area (lighting was not uniform).

Other issues have been reported with trackpads/touchpads and power supplies (related?).

I would highly recommend taking the time to look for and test all of the above, and anything else you can think of, within the trial/exchange/refund period. A little stress-testing might be a good idea also.

Also to answer your later question about the headphone jack placement. A right-angle extension will help. :)

On the positive side, the performance of the G750JH was great, and I'm still hoping to find a good G750 in the future, a JZ(?) with an 880 Maxwell perhaps. :)

hmscott
03-31-2014, 02:29 AM
...I've had my hands on 7 of these G750JH units, (in the hopes of finding ONE good one), and unfortunately the build quality and/or quality control was lacking (understatement). I dealt with three different suppliers/retailers and all were returned for exchange or eventual refund...

QC_Desired, it would help others avoid the same headache's you ran into, if you posted the specific suppliers / retailers that were giving out the damaged G750's.

Caustic
03-31-2014, 02:47 AM
We order through Best Buy Business, so returning this will be difficult, unless Best Buy brick and mortar can swap it out.

hmscott
03-31-2014, 02:51 AM
We order through Best Buy Business, so returning this will be difficult, unless Best Buy brick and mortar can swap it out.

A few years ago BBB told me I could swap at any Best Buy that has the item in stock, but they prefer building a relationship out of the units that have a BBB hosted on site. We have several in this area. You can call your local BB and ask about swapping BBB purchases there, and they will know for sure - talk to a manager :)

ednevell
03-31-2014, 04:35 AM
I bought the JW model to replace a haswell desktop and needed something that was easy to use and semi-portable.

The keyboard is hallow feeling when typing but, still usable in my eyes. This is a very fast machine compared to my xeon hp 420 desktop. scoring along the 4115 in passmark.

For a machine that I needed to last at least 8 to 12 months under heavy use. I think this will do very nicely!

Take the upgrade, enjoy it, and them move on when its time!

ednevell
03-31-2014, 04:38 AM
http://www.passmark.com/baselines/V8/display.php?id=21937545499

In-case you all want a peek at my passmark score!

QC_Desired
03-31-2014, 04:38 AM
QC_Desired, it would help others avoid the same headache's you ran into, if you posted the specific suppliers / retailers that were giving out the damaged G750's.

I would normally agree with that, but I feel that would put the onus on the suppliers/retailers. After the high number of returns and/or exchanges I think that the onus is on ASUS.

Also, considering that there are only three retailers in this area I don't think that it would be fair to list them, as they did everything they could (and much more) under the circumstances.

What I will say is, that two of the three are official suppliers listed at: http://promos.asus.com/ca/G750/ for the G750JH specifically.

QC_Desired
03-31-2014, 04:59 AM

What you might be able to do is order a new one (at the BB brick and mortar/retailer) to be shipped to that store in your name, and then do an over the counter exchange or refund.

ednevell
03-31-2014, 05:03 AM
I was just thinking of that actually and since I have bought my JW last week, I may do that since I have a silver rewards membership, and buy the new g750 with the GTX860m.

What you might be able to do is order a new one (at the BB brick and mortar/retailer) to be shipped to that store in your name, and then do an over the counter exchange or refund.

hmscott
03-31-2014, 09:00 AM
I would normally agree with that, but I feel that would put the onus on the suppliers/retailers. After the high number of returns and/or exchanges I think that the onus is on ASUS.

Also, considering that there are only three retailers in this area I don't think that it would be fair to list them, as they did everything they could (and much more) under the circumstances.

What I will say is, that two of the three are official suppliers listed at: http://promos.asus.com/ca/G750/ for the G750JH specifically.

Whether it is the supplier/retailers fault or not, they have ridiculously high levels of bad product from Asus, the faults you are telling us you are seeing are silly. I have never seen such failures from Asus.

For now, it would be nice to help other forum members avoid your suppliers / retailers, since according to you it is impossible to get a good unit from those providers.

You still don't own a G750, do you? None of the G750's you purchased were kept due to the failures you listed?

That kind of sure thing failure is something all of us would like to avoid, so where did you get them?

Caustic
03-31-2014, 12:48 PM
Whether it is the supplier/retailers fault or not, they have ridiculously high levels of bad product from Asus, the faults you are telling us you are seeing are silly. I have never seen such failures from Asus.

For now, it would be nice to help other forum members avoid your suppliers / retailers, since according to you it is impossible to get a good unit from those providers.

You still don't own a G750, do you? None of the G750's you purchased were kept due to the failures you listed?

That kind of sure thing failure is something all of us would like to avoid, so where did you get them?

Is there anything else Asus offers that is any better? Even if I do an over the counter swap, I don't have the kind of time to deal with going through 4-5 of these, since it is a business laptop.

Also, with this being at the end of its product life, I wonder if Best Buy will swap it with an 880m equipped model, or let me pay whatever the difference is to do that, should I get a defective model.

Darnassus
03-31-2014, 02:00 PM
I have a good feeling that if you return a reject product, Best Buy just gives it to someone else, then keeps doing so until they find a user who won't be bothered to send it back, or doesn't notice the defect.

Don't buy from "Best Buy"

hmscott
03-31-2014, 02:24 PM
Is there anything else Asus offers that is any better? Even if I do an over the counter swap, I don't have the kind of time to deal with going through 4-5 of these, since it is a business laptop.

Also, with this being at the end of its product life, I wonder if Best Buy will swap it with an 880m equipped model, or let me pay whatever the difference is to do that, should I get a defective model.

BestBuy has an upgrade policy / plan, you should ask about it ahead of time.

If you are already thinking about the 880m, you should reject the delivery and get your money back and wait for the impending release of the G750JZ.

hmscott
03-31-2014, 02:32 PM
I have a good feeling that if you return a reject product, Best Buy just gives it to someone else, then keeps doing so until they find a user who won't be bothered to send it back, or doesn't notice the defect.
Don't buy from "Best Buy"

That is pretty much illegal everywhere, and Best Buy doesn't do that. Companies get into trouble selling used product as new product.

BestBuy will sell open box product, and that qualifies as what you are saying. That is why it is rare I will accept open box hardware - too many problems.

Ebay sales tend to be open box hardware that can't be sold otherwise. I have heard of bad experiences with continuous bad product being delivered via an Ebay sale - and no matter how many returns you make, you keep getting crap back.

That is why I wanted to know where QC_Desired is getting the constant flow of crap G750's, so we can avoid them.

Caustic
03-31-2014, 07:26 PM
BestBuy has an upgrade policy / plan, you should ask about it ahead of time.

If you are already thinking about the 880m, you should reject the delivery and get your money back and wait for the impending release of the G750JZ.

I emailed the account Rep. I wanted to know if there was a price difference, or if the newer model was even available. Our order technically hasn't even gone through yet, so I might be able to snag a G750JZ. We'll see. I would prefer the 800m, if given the choice.

hmscott
03-31-2014, 10:11 PM
I emailed the account Rep. I wanted to know if there was a price difference, or if the newer model was even available. Our order technically hasn't even gone through yet, so I might be able to snag a G750JZ. We'll see. I would prefer the 800m, if given the choice.

Caustic, you should know that the main difference between the G750JH and the G750JZ, besides the GTX780m vs GTX880m, is that the new JS/JM/JZ include Nvidia Optimus - does graphics switching between the Intel CPU GPU and the GTX discrete GPU. And, the tool we use to overclock the GPU that comes with the JS/JM/JZ only allows 5% OC.

Asus GPU Tweak for Laptops vs Asus GPU Tweak for Graphics Cards
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?45644-Asus-GPU-Tweak-for-Laptops-vs-Asus-GPU-Tweak-for-Graphics-Cards&p=387929&viewfull=1#post387929

Noone in the forum has received and reviewed the JZ and compared it to the JH, but there have been some benchmarks that show the JZ speed is below the JH with OC. And, if you add a 5% OC to the JZ speed, it is still slower than my JH OC'd with Asus GPU Tweak for Graphics Cards.

Sorry to drop that now, but I wasn't sure you were going for the 880m, and thought I should now mention it - in case you don't like Optimus, don't intend to use the JZ/JH on battery much, and were interested in the info that the 880m will only offer 1GB more memory and probably the same or slightly better performance than a stock JH, and the JH can likely be OC'd past the max speed of the JZ.

Again, new release vs old release, there is something to say about getting a fresh release.

Don't forget to ask the BBB person to price match the lowest price you can find the JH/JZ for at the time of order. Also, I think BBB/BB offers price protection should you find a sales price less than you paid within a time period, usually 30-90 days.

Caustic
04-01-2014, 02:12 AM
I will likely not be overclocking it, unless it comes that way from the factory. If given the choice, I would still prefer the 880m, since it is the newer card (so long as that doesn't meant it is more problematic).

hmscott
04-01-2014, 07:14 AM
I will likely not be overclocking it, unless it comes that way from the factory. If given the choice, I would still prefer the 880m, since it is the newer card (so long as that doesn't meant it is more problematic).

Caustic, be sure and report back when you get your JZ, and let us know how you like it :)

Caustic
04-01-2014, 05:04 PM
Caustic, be sure and report back when you get your JZ, and let us know how you like it :)

That is if I get the JZ and not the JH. This is in the hands of the rep. if the JZ is more expensive, then the JH is what I will end up with.

Part of the issue is that I am part of a large enterprise - so purchasing goes through a different department, and we pay out via check request. Can I pricematch/ price protect this thing at a local Best Buy brick and mortar and take the difference in a gift card - to buy a new backpack or peripherals or something?

This is our first order through Best Buy Business, so this process is a little new for me.

hmscott
04-01-2014, 05:32 PM
That is if I get the JZ and not the JH. This is in the hands of the rep. if the JZ is more expensive, then the JH is what I will end up with.

Part of the issue is that I am part of a large enterprise - so purchasing goes through a different department, and we pay out via check request. Can I pricematch/ price protect this thing at a local Best Buy brick and mortar and take the difference in a gift card - to buy a new backpack or peripherals or something?

This is our first order through Best Buy Business, so this process is a little new for me.

The credit for the price difference would be credited to the company that wrote the check. You could let purchasing know you saved them the difference and ask politely if you can use that for a backpack to carry the G750 around safely.

If you paid list price for the G750JH, you might have enough for the JZ, the 2 price points I have seen have one that is close to the same price as the JH, but the other is $2999, a bit high.

If you have a good contact in the purchasing department you should update them on what is going on. They might not like switching laptops mid-stream, as they would see it, until you explain it is the new release version of the same laptop. Better to get ahead of the questions.

MrRuckus
04-01-2014, 05:43 PM
I started out with a G60 or a G51, I cant remember which, and the QC in my mind keeps going up. They went from single fan to dual (which all manufacturers should do for gaming laptops because of heat), they also now ship with a right angle power cord (which is a little recessed into the case to keep the weight off the connector and on its housing) instead of having to buy one aftermarket like on the G74, they have also put most of the components within reach of the end user under one cover on the bottom of the laptop.

A lot of changes have been made, one downside may be the screen compared to previous revisions but they tried to go matte instead of glossy. Unfortunately they cant keep everybody 100% happy. There are pro's and cons. I would upgrade for the simple fact of the upgraded hardware compared to your previous unit.

QC_Desired definitely sounds like he is one of the unluckiest individuals I have ever heard of. I have multiple co-workers who also have ordered G series laptops and while I have been through 4-5 generations myself, they have also been through a few. With probably 15-20 total G series laptops there has been only 1 failure on my G74 which was a dead motherboard. It was sent in for repair and the motherboard was replaced in a timely manner. I was without it for less then a week, and the motherboard was replaced on a Saturday according to the paperwork.

Asus Rog devices are Asus's Premier line and are treated as such, at least in my experience.

(All of ours were ordered from CDW. Not my choice but is done because our work uses them for most of our products. A couple of ours were drop shipped directly from Asus through CDW)

Caustic
04-01-2014, 05:59 PM
If you have a good contact in the purchasing department you should update them on what is going on. They might not like switching laptops mid-stream, as they would see it, until you explain it is the new release version of the same laptop. Better to get ahead of the questions.

I've already done this. I'm not overly worried. I appreciate all of the information thus far.