PDA

View Full Version : Asus G30AB question about D drive

Tobster
04-01-2014, 05:22 PM
Hello, I've recently bought this computer with a 120gb SSD drive which is the C part and it also has 2 TB HDD which is the D drive. My C is now full, but I'm wondering if I can move some programs over to D drive and if I can use the D drive as it is? When i enter the D drive its just empty and no folders etc there. Can anyone please help me with this as I'm not very good at this technical stuff with computers.

Much appriciated!

/Toby

_
04-03-2014, 01:31 AM
Hi Toby,

You'll need to uninstall some programs and reinstall them (providing you have the original program install files) - as you reinstall, direct them to D:\, which will put them on there instead. Alternatively if you have videos/photos/personal files (in My Documents perhaps) - move them to D:\ instead.

Another way to free space is start --> cleanup --> C:\ then that should clean a lot of old chaff on C:

Tobster
04-03-2014, 09:26 AM
Hey, thanks for the reply!

I got one more question regarding windows - I've been wondering if I should update from windows 8 to windows 8.1 but I'm unsure if that will mess up with any settings on my ASUS ROG G30AB, do u know anything about this?

/Toby

_
04-04-2014, 03:04 PM
It shouldn't mess up the settings, Windows should update most of the drivers, or, the product page should list those for 8.1 that might not be listed.. 8.1 Update 1 is out in a few days as well (8th April) from Microsoft. From our website stats I can tell you most people are already running 8.1 (like myself!) with no issue on other ROG-based systems :)