PDA

View Full Version : Asus Live Update, need help

Lorca
10-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Hi, I noticed that Live Update states that I don't need to update my environment but I went to the Asus download site and there are many newer drivers there. What's up with that?

JRd1st
10-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Do yourself a favor; uninstall Asus Live Update and download whatever drivers you see that are new.

Asus updates drivers so rarely that having Asus Live Update running is a waste of system resources.

Enjoy your notebook! :D

Lorca
10-02-2011, 01:49 AM
Do yourself a favor; uninstall Asus Live Update and download whatever drivers you see that are new.

Asus updates drivers so rarely that having Asus Live Update running is a waste of system resources.

Enjoy your notebook! :D

Lol. That crossed my mind and I think I will go ahead and do that, but I have concerns. At the official Asus download site there are so many updates and some have somewhat different names to the ones I've installed despite being the same. Also, do I just overwrite the old drivers or do I have to uninstall something first?

Chastity@ASUS
10-02-2011, 04:47 PM
It's usually best to uninstall the old one first, reboot, then install the new one.

Lorca
10-02-2011, 09:59 PM
It's usually best to uninstall the old one first, reboot, then install the new one.

Ok, that sounds logical. Do you know of any drivers that needs to be overwritten instead of uninstall first. What I mean is, I don't want to uninstall something first and when I reboot I get error messages of drivers missing and whatnot. Are all the drivers(in G74SX-BBK7) safe to uninstall first? Thanks.