PDA

View Full Version : G750 Model Numbers

Gunner02
04-02-2014, 06:23 PM
I need some help finding the G750 model numbers and their descriptions. I am trying to figure out which G750 actually comes with a 3D 120Hz screen. The Asus site implies that they all do but I have found that to be misleading.

gazzacbr
04-03-2014, 07:39 AM
there are many answers on here already...
the 3D 120hz screens are not related to the model number but where you buy it from.

e.g. i have a G750JX with a 3D 120Hz glossy screen from Dubai.
most of the G750JX on here are 2D matte screens.
there was a list somewhere about which countries had the 3D screen options but even they will also be able to get a 2D version for you.
you will have to search online and/or talk to the retailers to find out what they can supply for you.
also, you will need to check about the hard disc/ssd configurations and even the wifi module if that is a concern for you.

what Asus implies and what you actually get in the box are two different stories (misleading is very polite)
the rule with the G750 models is there is no rule

cl-Albert
04-03-2014, 04:49 PM
Hi, just wanted to mention a few things below.

1. All G750 models should have extended model names like G750JW-'xxxx' which specifiy all the details of the system including the configuration, so if you plan to purchase a system, you want to specify or check the full G750 extended model name to make sure you get exactly what you are looking for.

2. Resellers should normally list the G750 extended model names on their site along with the specs.

3. If you haven't contacted your local ASUS support, consider trying this too: http://support.asus.com/Hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=en

4. Yes, it can be a little confusing with all the terms, but if you haven't already, check this sticky thread below in the G75, G55, and G46 notebook ssection about 3D which should still have some relevance here.
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?21507-Confused-about-3D-A-Guide-to-G-series-and-VG-series-monitor-compatibility-and-terms&country=&status=

From what I understand it sounds like many of the ROG notebooks with nVidia graphics chips are able to support 3D with the right external monitor and accessories (glasses, emitter, etc.) even if the notebook screen itself is not capable of 3D which may be causing much of the confusion.

If you check the G750 extended model name specs correctly from where you plan to purchase, you should be able to determine if the notebook has a 3D screen or not.
Also, check with your local ASUS support if necessary to confirm the model you are looking for is sold with the 3D screen in your local region (or tell us where you plan to purchase from if you want to try to get more replies from forum members located in the same region).