PDA

View Full Version : G56 : blu-ray PROBLEM

the Doc
04-02-2014, 07:18 PM
hi all,

i just bought a G56 today, and the bad surprise is when i put a blu-ray inside, a strange loop sound
and it's refuse to play the blu-ray even to recognize it.

Perhaps i missed something, but i did all win8 update, no other soft installed (except logitech gaming software).
I went on the asus's site, no new driver for the bd player or firmware.

Is it 2 versions of the g56 1 with and 1 without blu-ray combo ?

Any idea ? cauz i'm really disapointed =/

ty 4 reading.

the Doc
04-03-2014, 09:03 AM
*bump*

cl-Albert
04-03-2014, 10:25 PM
Hi,

Sorry, it's not sold in the U.S. currently, and don't know very much about this model yet, but guessing there are different versions sold with and without blu-ray drive.

Anyway, if you haven't already considered it, you may either want to check with your local ASUS support at this page to see if they can help check for you: http://support.asus.com/Hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=en

Your store may be another place you can check with although you may want to discuss with more people too.

Hopefully somebody else will provide some better suggestions, but thought I would mention this first in case you were interested.

SHADO
04-03-2014, 10:55 PM
What software are you attempting to use to play your Blu-rays? I don't know if the G56 comes with Blu-ray playing software or not. You may have to pay for software to play them. :(

QC_Desired
04-04-2014, 04:50 AM
hi all,

i just bought a G56 today, and the bad surprise is when i put a blu-ray inside, a strange loop sound
and it's refuse to play the blu-ray even to recognize it.

Perhaps i missed something, but i did all win8 update, no other soft installed (except logitech gaming software).
I went on the asus's site, no new driver for the bd player or firmware.

Is it 2 versions of the g56 1 with and 1 without blu-ray combo ?

Any idea ? cauz i'm really disapointed =/

ty 4 reading.

Have you confirmed what DVD/CDROM device you have in Device Manager?

Start->Run->Devmgmt.msc (Or you can take the long route through Control Panel).

Expand DVD/CDROM Drives:

Google what is listed there to confirm if its bluray or not. :)

If you don't have any other software installed that can play blurays or dvd's you will need to install something that will.