PDA

View Full Version : Asus G46 Vw charging problems.

Jerald151
04-04-2014, 01:47 AM
Hi, brand new to this site so forgive me if i have some stupid questions. I've recently had some trouble with my computer, it was acting up a while ago. What it was doing, was i would have it plugged in, and the computer wouldnt charge. Assuming it was a charging problem i got a new charger via amazon. When i plugged it in today it said charging and my computer booted right up. So i started playing some games, and in the middle of one it shut off. The little red light is on confirming the charger plug in/ battery has some charge. But everytime i try to boot it, it just shuts down again. I'm really frustrated and i would like to have my computer back up and working. Thanks ahead for some answers. I have had the computer 8 months, no problems otherwise.

SlyBlueFox
04-10-2014, 04:46 PM
Hi, brand new to this site so forgive me if i have some stupid questions. I've recently had some trouble with my computer, it was acting up a while ago. What it was doing, was i would have it plugged in, and the computer wouldnt charge. Assuming it was a charging problem i got a new charger via amazon. When i plugged it in today it said charging and my computer booted right up. So i started playing some games, and in the middle of one it shut off. The little red light is on confirming the charger plug in/ battery has some charge. But everytime i try to boot it, it just shuts down again. I'm really frustrated and i would like to have my computer back up and working. Thanks ahead for some answers. I have had the computer 8 months, no problems otherwise.

I had a very similar problem (had the charging issue but not the random shutdown). I ended up having to get an RMA from ASUS & sent in my power adapter with the power cable. They sent me a replacement & all has since been working fine.