PDA

View Full Version : anyone with a G56JR, G750JM, G750JZ, or G750JS please HELP

pokerface
04-05-2014, 03:28 PM
can you please check your C: driver, there will be a folder that contains all the apps/drivers

go to the Software Folder, then ASUS

and please tell me which version of :

1) ASUS Virtual Camera
2) ASUS LifeFrame 3

which versions you have?

and if you could possible upload them and share the download link

the reason I ask is that ASUS haven't updated those 2 since more than a year on their website so I wanna know what versions are they using with the latest laptops

arkejn
04-05-2014, 03:41 PM
Neither Virtual Cam, nor Lifeframe was found on G56 :x Looks like it's not preloaded in this model.

pokerface
04-05-2014, 03:50 PM
oh darn :(

BIOHAZARD9519
04-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Not on my JS either...

arkejn
04-05-2014, 04:34 PM
Probably they don't update because it's not used anymore in new models, any other models users can confirm?

pokerface
04-05-2014, 06:11 PM
Well it seems the new ones don't have it.

Initially, I checked the drivers page for each of these laptops and they weren't there. So I thought ASUS just forgot to add them but it seems like they've removed them completely

Funny, I find them actually useful compared to the bloatware that they do HAVE preinstalled like ASUS live update (useless even ASUS mods here recommend to uninstall it as it only causes problems and never finds nay useful updates)

the ASUS Virtual Camera allows the webcam to transmit the video to multiple applications.

Imagine this, you can be on a Skype Video chat while you have the ASUS Lifeframe taking a live video recording of you.

not something that I do, but still nice to have the possibility