PDA

View Full Version : New Nvidia BETA Drivers - 337.50 ( ShadowPlay supported)

Thestroj
04-07-2014, 11:51 PM
Just installed the new drivers from nvidia.

Still old same problems with horizontal flickering... etc... still no miracles... ;)

Overall everything working OK. IMO best drivers todate, slight improvment in games (FPS)...

At least we not got ShadowPlay support on out mobile chipsets... Im not using it, but someone might be actualy happy to have it...

Just wanted to let u know that there is a new driver and its working OK on g750JX non 3D model.

Take care

arkejn
04-08-2014, 12:11 AM
Thanks for info, I was waiting for some updates. Gonna check how shadowplay works on G's

kb0sdq
04-08-2014, 02:40 AM
I am still trying to get it downloaded. My Geforce panel is trying to get it. I hit the download button but scale stays on zero.
Gues I will try again tomorrow
Glad to see all functions available except led custom.
Happy ROG_n
Doug

pokerface
04-08-2014, 02:45 AM
what is LED custom?

BIOHAZARD9519
04-08-2014, 05:28 AM
what is LED custom?

That's if you have a desktop GPU. The reference designed GPU logos are LED illuminated and that function allows you to set different lighting actions.

Santtos Alexander Luchian
04-08-2014, 08:14 AM
Just installed the new drivers from nvidia.
Still old same problems with horizontal flickering... etc... still no miracles... ;)
Overall everything working OK. IMO best drivers todate, slight improvment in games (FPS)...
At least we not got ShadowPlay support on out mobile chipsets... Im not using it, but someone might be actualy happy to have it...
Just wanted to let u know that there is a new driver and its working OK on g750JX non 3D model.
Take care

ShadowPlay worked even on 335.23 version

I am still trying to get it downloaded. My Geforce panel is trying to get it. I hit the download button but scale stays on zero.
Gues I will try again tomorrow
Glad to see all functions available except led custom.
Happy ROG_n
Doug

Download manually. I just downloaded and install it and work fine. From nVidia experience panel don't work for me either.

arkejn
04-08-2014, 06:56 PM
I can't install new drivers, every time I try, it says that my GPU isn't compatible with drivers, any idea? Anyone have same problem?

hmscott
04-09-2014, 12:59 AM
I can't install new drivers, every time I try, it says that my GPU isn't compatible with drivers, any idea? Anyone have same problem?

That response is typical for a new laptop/video card from Asus. Nvidia needs to include the specifics / ID of the card in the installation info file. You can hack it manually, and it usually works - but sometimes the reason Nvidia hasn't included the new laptop / video card info in the installation info is because they haven't tested it - or worse, they tested it and there is a problem they need to fix first before including it in the installer.

You can report this to Asus via a Technical Inquiry, ask Asus to ask Nvidia to include the new laptop / graphics card info in their general installer.
https://vip.asus.com

And, report this to Nvidia, both in the Beta feedback thread (this will change over time, go up 1 level to find the current thread):
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/720880/geforce-drivers/official-nvidia-337-50-beta-performance-display-driver-feedback-thread-4-7-14-/

And, here in the Nvidia form for driver feedback:
http://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=6e7ea6bb4a02641fa8f07694a40f8ac6

And, here is the knowledge base entry for giving Nvidia Feedback:
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3141

And, here is how to use installer logging to find out useful info:
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3171

And, if you love Beta drivers, it's good to know how to clean up after them:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/550192/geforce-drivers/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-v12-6-3-released-04-06-14-/

_
04-09-2014, 01:51 AM
Remember it's a beta driver not WHQL, so hasn't gone through more extensive qualification and support yet.

kb0sdq
04-09-2014, 02:06 AM
Thanks,
That is what I did downloaded it manually. Installed fine and working, no issues.
The LED I referred to like bio said is called LED Visualizer
Up till now Geforce experience has installed the drivers with no issue. just this one was hanging up.
All is good, Thanks to all that offered info.
Happy ROG_n
Doug

arkejn
04-09-2014, 10:41 AM
But I can't even install 335 drivers, still stuck on 332 :/

senttel
04-09-2014, 01:08 PM
Hello guys,

So I manually updated my nvidia drivers to 337.50 Beta, and a weird thing keeps happening everytime I restart my laptop GPU overclocking settings are set back to default, no errors, no crashes, just after a manual restart gpu overclock settings are back to default, they were stable with the previous nvidia driver, so I'm just wondering what's the issue here. Anyone?

Exaulted93
04-09-2014, 06:11 PM
So, I ran the install and Geforce Experience still said I had an update. So I ran it manually and it said there was a problem with my GPU in windows device manager and only my intel GPU was working. Any ideas on specific things that I could change to make this work?

hmscott
04-09-2014, 08:51 PM
So, I ran the install and Geforce Experience still said I had an update. So I ran it manually and it said there was a problem with my GPU in windows device manager and only my intel GPU was working. Any ideas on specific things that I could change to make this work?

Exaulted93, typically it is a good idea to do a Clean Install - check the box during the install setup dialogs - and that is enough to clean things up before installing the new Nvidia driver.

A clean/cleaner install is the only thing you can set / tune yourself for the install - without editing the nvidia.inf (name?) file, which I don't recommend getting in to unless you need some feature of the beta/alpha driver really badly. Otherwise just use the latest non-beta driver and watch for an update after beta/alpha has cooked long enough to be turned into a normal release.

The other thing you can do is to try to get a really clean uninstall using DDU

Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V12.6.3 (Released 04-06-14) Updated for 337.50
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/550192/geforce-drivers/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-v12-6-3-released-04-06-14-/

If a clean/DDU uninstall/install still doesn't work, you might want to uncheck the Beta check box, or completely turn off Automatically check/download/install Updates checkbox(s) in the GeForce Experience for now, so you aren't bothered by it.

Interestingly, the 337.50 Beta isn't shown as an available update for my G750JH, 335.23 is the latest:

MrRuckus
04-09-2014, 09:44 PM
Geforce Experience has been a failure to me. Causes too many problems, updates stall or fail. I just don't use it anymore.

themeonster
04-13-2014, 02:50 AM
After updating, I noticed that the GPU no longer throttles when idle or even on battery. For me it is at 771 MHz and usage is at 0%. This isn't much of an issue but it does cause it to idle roughly 10 degrees higher than before. Is anyone else experiencing this or is it only me?