PDA

View Full Version : Slow performance by G750JH

Phantom_120
04-08-2014, 06:51 AM
Hi guys
I would appreciate if you can lend a hand here with my new g750 laptop I bought.
First, this is the model I bought from Amazon (G750JH-DB71 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EZ8BJNK/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)).

I bought it about 3 weeks ago, and immediately upgraded to windows 8.1
I am having a very strange performance by such a monster machine, checked the "recommended" and "auto detection" settings by multiple games, and all of them recommend setting the graphics on low, now just like any of you, I did not buy this laptop to play games on low settings!
I manually set the graphics settings to High, but the performance was far from convincing, while the game wasn't crashing or lagging, but it was not that smooth, running between 20-40fps and jumping temporarily to 60 for a couple of seconds, then back down.

I checked the drivers, and everything seems to be up to date.
I did the windows experience index (which is lousy in windows 8.1)
the results were rather surprised, pretty much everything was above 8! (the top score in win7 was 7.9, I did not know it was changed in windows8)
Anyway, it showed the dx10 result was 0, so i chacked and I already had dx 11.2, which is the latest version for win8.1.

I tried the dxdiag, but I must say I dont understand much about that.

I would really appreciate it if you guys could help me with performance.

Thank you

XellosUAE
04-09-2014, 04:03 AM
running between 20-40fps and jumping temporarily to 60 for a couple of seconds, then back down.

It does seem to me that your issue is with your GeForce trying to save power by sacrificing performance. I had this issue before. try going to your Nvidia setting and change Power Management Mode to Prefer Maximum Performance" as shown in the image below.

Hope this helps.

Phantom_120
04-09-2014, 05:12 AM
Lovely. I will try this when I get home and get back with results.
Thanks.

Protervis
10-17-2014, 08:16 PM
It does seem to me that your issue is with your GeForce trying to save power by sacrificing performance. I had this issue before. try going to your Nvidia setting and change Power Management Mode to Prefer Maximum Performance" as shown in the image below.

Hope this helps.

Hello everyone,

I just bought a g750js and have some troubles with the frame rate. Is it supposed to be maximum 60? Regarding the screen shot why when i go on nvidia control panel the only option i got is 3d settings category? I Do not see Display or Video categories i mean.

Cheers