PDA

View Full Version : [HELP!] ASUS G55VW Boot Option for HDD is gone, Can't choose recovery mode

surya_darmana
04-10-2014, 02:01 PM
Hi guys, after tried to installed ubuntu in my windows, but i canceled the installation, and basicaly it's not installed in my system, but when i shutdown the installer it directed me to the TRY UBUNTU section and i shut it down, but after that my primary boot is gone and i only can boot from flashdrive or external drive. When i checked on my bios the only boot option is P2 for bluray drive and the P0 for My HDD where the windows 7 SP1 is installed is gone. Has everyone know how to solve this?? Please help me :(

Clintlgm
04-10-2014, 05:48 PM
Use the recovery disk you created when you first got the notebook!
If that's not a option try a Repair install of win 7 SP1
That failing use Diskpart to Clean, Convert to GPT, partition how ever you like and install Win 7 SP1

Set up a UEFI Boot USB thumb drive with win 7 sp1 HP ISO, See this thread for note and guides (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28758-GUIDE-G55-G75-Upgrade-Notes&country=&status=)

cl-Albert
04-10-2014, 06:34 PM
If you want to try it, check in the bios under 'Advanced' / 'SATA Configuration' to confirm your hard drive is still detected by the notebook if you were worried about this.

Yes, you probably just need to re-do the partitions and reinstall Windows as Clintlgm mentioned before it can appear in the bios boot options again.

SpeedyG75VW
04-11-2014, 12:26 AM
Here's another thing you can try if you don't want to re-install Win7:

1. Boot with either the Win7 recovery CD or Win7 CD. You can download the legal copy provided by Microsoft at:
http://www.w7forums.com/threads/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-image-downloads.12325/

2. Go to the Command Prompt in the System Recovery Options

3. Type the following
Diskpart
List disk
Select Disk 0
List Partition
Select Partition # (put in the number for primary partition....usually 1)
Active
Exit

4. Reboot the computer

surya_darmana
04-11-2014, 03:50 AM
Use the recovery disk you created when you first got the notebook!
If that's not a option try a Repair install of win 7 SP1
That failing use Diskpart to Clean, Convert to GPT, partition how ever you like and install Win 7 SP1

Set up a UEFI Boot USB thumb drive with win 7 sp1 HP ISO, See this thread for note and guides (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28758-GUIDE-G55-G75-Upgrade-Notes&country=&status=)

If you want to try it, check in the bios under 'Advanced' / 'SATA Configuration' to confirm your hard drive is still detected by the notebook if you were worried about this.

Yes, you probably just need to re-do the partitions and reinstall Windows as Clintlgm mentioned before it can appear in the bios boot options again.

My harddrive is still detected in Advanced/SATA config, and i back up the files with hiren boot using mini windows 7, in hiren boot all of my partition is exist including the recovery disk, in hiren boot, i tried to access the command prompt and using bootrec command and it's not working though but the problem is when i use the iso from official windows 7 Sp1 ISO when i click the repair mode it showed messages that my system is not compatible with the windows installation, also i CAN'T hit F9 to do recovery action.