PDA

View Full Version : Just installed Windows 7 64bit on my Asus g73jh need help with drivers!

Dbaker512
04-13-2014, 04:30 AM
I just reinstalled windows 7 64 bit on my computer, I lost all of the cd's that came with my laptop.

I installed the video driver from the asus website, but when I go to play World of Warcraft, I get a popup saying my graphics driver is out of date. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to update my graphics driver. I have an ATI radeon HD 5870.

also my audio is really low and i do not know which driver to install in order to fix that.

If anyone could tell me what other drivers I would need to install, I would greatly appreciate it! I'm not very good with computers and do not want to mess this up :confused:

EightBitRanger
04-13-2014, 07:48 AM
If your laptop is registered, it ought to show up on https://account.asus.com/ where all the most up to date drivers are kept. Every time I do a clean install of Win7, that's the first site I go to so I can get everything updated.

Problem with mobile video card drivers, while the chipset manufacturer constantly updates the desktop drivers, they leave it to the laptop manufacturer to update the notebook drivers. ASUS hasn't done that for the G73 in years. So to them, its the most current. To games like WoW, its obviously out of date. You could try the notebook drivers from AMD, but that's also hit or miss. Since updating my vBIOS, sometimes I find I have better stability with ASUS's drivers, while sometimes I find the same to be true with AMD's.