PDA

View Full Version : Got a new G750JM and have a question about the gpu tweak

troomc4
04-16-2014, 05:18 AM
So as the title says I just got a new G750JM for my birtday. And was poking around and came across the asus gpu tweak. While running minecraft with several mods, I opened up the gpu tweak to check it out. And at the bottom it says, "NVIDIA Optimus enabled : currently running on Intel GPU.

My question is, why is it running on the intel gpu and not the nvidia gtx 860. Might be a total noob and not understanding what its saying. But any tips or comments would be great.

BIOHAZARD9519
04-16-2014, 05:56 AM
So as the title says I just got a new G750JM for my birtday. And was poking around and came across the asus gpu tweak. While running minecraft with several mods, I opened up the gpu tweak to check it out. And at the bottom it says, "NVIDIA Optimus enabled : currently running on Intel GPU.

My question is, why is it running on the intel gpu and not the nvidia gtx 860. Might be a total noob and not understanding what its saying. But any tips or comments would be great.

The PC is seeing Minecraft as a low stress program. If you want the Nvidia GPU to run go into:

Nvidia Control Panel> Manage 3D settings> click the program settings tab> manually add Minecraft through add button and browse for it> then go to change the preferred graphics to "High Performance Nvidia Processor"> Apply

troomc4
04-16-2014, 03:18 PM
The PC is seeing Minecraft as a low stress program. If you want the Nvidia GPU to run go into:

Nvidia Control Panel> Manage 3D settings> click the program settings tab> manually add Minecraft through add button and browse for it> then go to change the preferred graphics to "High Performance Nvidia Processor"> Apply

Thank you very much for your help, I will give that a try. :)

SoloFlow
05-23-2014, 12:47 PM
Can you tell me how much FPS you're getting on minecraft plugged in and unplugged?