PDA

View Full Version : G73SW-XT1 sound has static

Icemanforlife
10-05-2011, 12:11 AM
I just got my asus g73sw-xt1 and my volume sounds like it has static at times and also like the equalizer is off. It currently has Realtek HD Audio Manager. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this or has maybe had the same problem. the version i am currently running is 6.0.1.6162 . i don't know if that is one of my problems or not.

dstrakele
10-05-2011, 12:53 AM
Does your system have Creative THX TruStudio? If so, change the setting from "Built-in Speakers" to "External Speakers". If you click on the triangle in the upper left and choose "Software Update", it should download version 1.04.04 which removes the problematic "Built-in Speakers" setting.

Icemanforlife
10-05-2011, 12:59 AM
No it does not have Creative THX TruStudio. my volume is can go really loud on my G73SW-XT1, but it just has a static sound to it and not balanced right. i don't know how to fix it. SHould i install Creative THX TruStudio on my laptop and will it work if i did or improve things?

dstrakele
10-05-2011, 01:18 AM
I was under the impression from http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?3168-Low-Audio-on-G74SX-Here-s-the-fix that the Realtek Audio Control Center displayed a "Sound Effects" tab which had an equalizer and presets. Is that not the case? If not, you can give THX TruStudio a try.

Icemanforlife
10-05-2011, 01:22 AM
I have a G73SW not a G74SX

dstrakele
10-05-2011, 01:26 AM
I understand that. I recommend you check out the thread anyway. It discusses the Reaktek Audio Control Center. As I understand it, if you have version 2.65 without THX TruStudio, you should have a "Sound Effects" tab with an equalizer. Is that not the case?

Icemanforlife
10-05-2011, 01:32 AM
I am sorry it does have Creative THX TruStudio. i wil tinker with it and see if i can find a solution. thank you for your help.

dstrakele
10-05-2011, 01:38 AM
You're welcome! Let me know if you can choose the Software Update and get the 1.04.04 version that has the problematic "Built-in Speakers" setting removed. Another user reported he has that version, but it still contained the problem setting as the default.

Icemanforlife
10-05-2011, 01:43 AM
It does sound better running Creative THX TruStudio on external, but it is still fuzzy and not clear or crisp the sound. :(

dstrakele
10-05-2011, 01:43 PM
Did you make any changes to your system's audio since you got it? If the fuzzy sound occurred afterwards, you can try a System Restore to an earlier time. You can also try running the Windows 7 troubleshooter to find and fix audio problems. Just type "audio" in Start-Find to locate it.

If that fails, make sure your microphone is muted. Is the sound also fuzzy when you listen with headphones? If so, I recommend uninstalling your current Realtek Audio driver (what version are you currently running?), rebooting, sweep for any Realtek drivers, install the latest Realtek driver, and reboot.

If this fails to resolve your issue, I recommend returning to your vendor and asking if you can exchange your G73SW for another one.

Icemanforlife
10-19-2011, 04:16 AM
Thanks for everything. The THX TruStudio made it a ton better. 99 percent the sound is great i think it is only when it is loud or something where it gets fuzzy but i am not really worried. Overall this laptop is amazing and i would buy it again in a second.

JRd1st
10-19-2011, 11:04 AM
That fuzziness when it's loud is probably something against the speaker vibrating - see this http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/616055-how-disassemble-g74sx-reduce-speaker-vibrations-photos.html

Or it could be speaker distortion from the speaker being overloaded.

Icemanforlife
10-19-2011, 02:37 PM
I will have to check it out because it only seems fuzzy when i am playing certain songs with lots of bass. Other than that it is crystal clear and it is not all bass songs that give me the problem. I thought it might be the quality of the song, but i am unsure because i have tried many that i believe to be good quality. As for the driver or audio settings i haven't touched those except turning on the TH trustudio and set it to external speakers which has actually made it sound alot better.

Icemanforlife
10-21-2011, 01:32 AM
I have been playing with THX TruStudio Pro Crystalizer and that has seemed to help fix alot of the problem with my static.

JRd1st
10-21-2011, 01:54 AM
But you still have a problem. Do you think it might be something vibrating against the speaker at certain frequencies?

Icemanforlife
10-21-2011, 01:57 AM
I might but i really don't want to tear apart my new laptop on the off chance it is something inside. It usually only happens on songs that are similar to one on the radio that is titled i think "heart stereo" . you might test it on yours and see if it is crystal clear or if you have static.