PDA

View Full Version : G75vx fan issue

Surys
04-21-2014, 06:26 PM
Hello all,
I've had a g75vx laptop for a year now and about a few months back I noticed some fan noise from the right side (while using the laptop) so it's the one not in it's own cover. I rarely used the laptop at the time so I thought nothing of it, lately I've put a lot of time on the computer again and this fan noise is still there! I've taken off covers, cleaned them. When booting up and it first being on its silent. As soon as I load a game it's extremely loud! It sounds like the fan is hitting/touching something or if it's dying even. I've noticed when moving the laptop certain angles it doesn't sound as bad, or a tap on the side would even quiet it down sometimes. I've also run the laptop upside down to watch the fan while having a game run and the fan shows no sign of weakness it's blowing at full speed and air does push out the back. Anyone have any input or experience with similar problem? I'm running windows 8 and bios 204. The computer doesn't seem to be running any higher or hotter than before. Just a noisy annoying fan. Thanks for reading and any help given!

Clintlgm
04-21-2014, 08:08 PM
Sounds like you have pretty well check these fans out and cleaned them, so it its making noise it most likely needs to be changed out. I would do this before your warranty runs out.