PDA

View Full Version : What drivers do you use for G750 with 880M?

Master Po
04-22-2014, 02:09 PM
What drivers do you use for G750 with 880M? :confused:

Phlier
04-22-2014, 02:45 PM
I just received my G750JZ yesterday, and immediately found that the installed nVIdia (release version) drivers would not work with Diablo III. I hadn't installed any other games yet, so I don't know what other games they don't play well with. There are a few other posts here from others having problems with the installed nVidia drivers, though.

I used the "GeForce Experience" program to install the current Beta drivers (note that you must select "include beta drivers" in the GeForce Experience program to have the beta drivers show up as an installable option), and that cured the issues with Diablo III.

To answer your question a bit more directly, Geforce Experience currently reports driver version 337.50 Beta installed.

Master Po
04-22-2014, 02:50 PM
I also use the GeForce Experience, and it shows drivers 332.60 as my driver and there isn't any newer non-beta drivers out there.

Is it recommended to use beta drivers? I have read that some have experienced getting hotter GPU with new beta drivers by 10% increased while playing games and that isn't much of an upgrade, if that is true tho.

Phlier
04-22-2014, 03:20 PM
I usually abide by the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" rule, but in my case, it was broke. : )

Looking around these and other forums, there are quite a few posts about problems with the latest release version drivers and the 880m. Installing the beta drivers seems to be the fix for the majority of the issues guys are experiencing. However, if you're not experiencing any problems, why tempt fate? : )