PDA

View Full Version : How do I setup my G750JM with surround view?

ghuffaker
04-23-2014, 01:13 AM
Surround view appears to be possible based on the "Trinity Display Technology" of this laptop per the Asus website. I assume the best option would be to daisy-chain 3 DisplayPort 1.2 monitors? However, before I incur the cost for three new monitors I would like to determine if there is a less expensive option available. Would surround view be possible with monitors connected to each of the HDMI, Mini Displayport, and VGA connections? Then I would only need to purchase one new monitor with a DisplayPort connection. Alternatively, could I connect a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter for the second monitor and avoid purchasing any new monitors?

Once I have the proper hardware connection then I may also need some guidance on the proper software settings.

Thanks in advance for any assistance that you can provide.

sasuke256
04-23-2014, 02:30 PM
I think you can do the combinaison of HDMI+VGA+DP

Nillaz
04-25-2014, 02:17 AM
It depends on what you mean by "surround view" and what you ultimately envision doing. If you mean being able to span games across 3 monitors a la Nvidia Surround (5760 X 1080 and similar resolutions) I don't believe you can do this on Nvidia mobile chipsets alone, so you will need something like the Matrox Triplehead2go.

If on the other hand you just want 3 screens for an extended desktop you should be able to just hook up a couple monitors via the existing ports on your laptop and call it a day.

ghuffaker
04-27-2014, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the reply. I'm looking to span games across 3 monitors in 5760 x 1080. I will take look t the Matrox Triplehead2go.