PDA

View Full Version : Headphones and Browsers!

Jinky
10-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Looking for recommendations on both. I have not used FireFox in quite awhile, was possibly looking into giving Chrome a try. Any suggestions?

I was going to order a new set of headphones for my shiny new laptop, also taking suggestions, pricewise I don't want to go over $200.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

JRd1st
10-05-2011, 04:45 PM
I like Firefox.

chrsplmr
10-05-2011, 05:03 PM
About $129.00
http://rog.asus.com/products/headsets/vulcan_anc/main.png
Asus Vulcan Anc
Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B005PAIVQ0/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1317833982&sr=1-1&condition=new)

IE8 for me.. I dont mess with Bill.
(Ever since Corel WordPerfect nightmares.)
Google is already to much up my files...
I hate that snap to doesnt work in google.

xeromist
10-05-2011, 05:06 PM
I use Opera, but then I'm weird and I like integrated mouse gestures. (You can get them as a plugin for Firefox)

I like my Steelseries 5Hv2 and they break down to travel better but they don't have very good bass response IMO. If you want them for gaming then they are excellent but not really intended for media.

I also have EDGE Accoustics GX400's that I like. The bass response is anemic in their case but they are buds so perfect for a laptop bag and the noise isolation is 2nd to none.

Yahooligan
10-05-2011, 05:10 PM
I'll toss in a vote for Chrome. I only used Firefox for many years now but got tired of the performance and their constant updating to new major versions without really changing much.

So, I made the switch to Chrome and never looked back. It's easily 2-3x faster at loading/displaying pages than Firefox and it does everything I need now that there are more extensions compared to the last time I tried it a year or two ago.

Nothing wrong with IE, it's just not my thing.

firstman_bucks
10-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Firefox + AdBlock Plus + LastPass = wonderful

Chrome has the same extensions (AdBlock Plus and LastPass) but doesn't have the keyboard shortcuts I like -- for instance, in Firefox I can type "asus" and then hit Ctrl+Enter and it fills in the "www." and ".com" for me. Shift+Ctrl+Enter = ".org" and Shift+Enter = ".net". Also, I love that I can map address bar shortcuts to my favorite sites. For instance, if I type "w" it takes me to my local weather page. If I type "wk asus" it takes me to Wikipedia's page about ASUS. Just really helpful and saves a bunch of time. I haven't found a way to do these things in Chrome.

Yahooligan
10-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Firefox + AdBlock Plus + LastPass = wonderful

Chrome has the same extensions (AdBlock Plus and LastPass) but doesn't have the keyboard shortcuts I like -- for instance, in Firefox I can type "asus" and then hit Ctrl+Enter and it fills in the "www." and ".com" for me. Shift+Ctrl+Enter = ".org" and Shift+Enter = ".net". Also, I love that I can map address bar shortcuts to my favorite sites. For instance, if I type "w" it takes me to my local weather page. If I type "wk asus" it takes me to Wikipedia's page about ASUS. Just really helpful and saves a bunch of time. I haven't found a way to do these things in Chrome.

I'm not sure how to do what you mentioned about site hostnames, however you can do keyword searches and such right from the address box. Say, if you go to www.wikipedia.org and right-click on the search box there's an option for "Add as search engine", in the window that pops up set the keyword to "wk" and hit ok. Then you just type "wk whatever" in the address box and it'll search wikipedia.

Lots of good stuff in the Chrome store, too.

chrsplmr
10-06-2011, 04:26 AM
Did you ever search the registry for 'google'?
If you decided you were going to delete all references to
google in your registry, you better make a sandwich and
grab a refreshing beverage, your going to be there a bit.
or Norton for that matter.

Im just saying.. hahaha

Cyrekk
10-06-2011, 09:09 AM
Firefox hands down!

Steelseries anything!

Do I need to elaborate?

chrsplmr
10-06-2011, 05:48 PM
SteelSeries? Yes, please do.
Trust me, I am not a blocked thinker.
'I always do it this way'..hahahaha
If I learn better....Im in.c.

Chastity@ASUS
10-07-2011, 10:15 PM
I went over to Marketing and grabbed a set of the Vulcans to give them a listening... why you put active noise cancellation on closed headphones ... :shrugs:

Good isolation, my co-workers cannot hear what I am listening to, decent response on the lower bass registers. (Not surprising being gaming cans BOOM HEADSHOT!) Mids (vocals) are a bit recessed, due to driver tuning for Active Noise Cancellation. Mic works well. Headphones are overall comfy, but don't shake your head too much. :) (As opposed to the vise grip of the Senns HD580-650's) Highs are recessed as well, so they aren't bright cans, but overall a satisfactory presentation, which was helped when I put them on the Creative USB HD.