PDA

View Full Version : Matte screen on the G750JX doesn't really look nice

basvdelsen
04-25-2014, 07:31 PM
I'm used to a glossy screen, just got the G750JX and the screen doesn't look clear to me, like there's dust on it or something. Also the plastic below the screen where the ASUS logo is at is kinda loose, is that supposed to be like that? Seems strange on such a high end laptop.

Dr. Zchivago
04-25-2014, 07:44 PM
I've heard that you can get the G75** models with a glossy screen, although you may need to wait for someone who knows better. Matte vs. glossy is quite subjective, and I very much prefer the matte screen to the glossy screen.

The plastic bezel is over an inch wide and only connected to the frame around the outer edges, so it's going to be a little loose feeling - I would advise against tugging on it. If it bothers you, and you don't plan on ever returning it or having it repaired by an ASUS tech, then you can always put a little epoxy to work if it bothers you enough.

Z

hmscott
04-25-2014, 09:32 PM
I'm used to a glossy screen, just got the G750JX and the screen doesn't look clear to me, like there's dust on it or something. Also the plastic below the screen where the ASUS logo is at is kinda loose, is that supposed to be like that? Seems strange on such a high end laptop.

What screen do you have, the Chi Mei or the AUO?

The matte coating is visible if you have been staring at a glossy screen exclusively, but you will get used to the matte screen. In fact glossy screens look silly now with all the glare they have. I thought I wanted a glossy screen after I got my first matte screen, but side by side the matte screen was more readable in more situations.

That plastic is a different situation. It isn't a load bearing component, and in fact I never touched it till someone mentioned the flex in the bottom bezel in the new G750's - my JW/JX/JH didn't flex, but since it isn't supposed to be even touched in normal operation I wouldn't think it is a problem - probably cost / weight savings.

If the bezel flex bugs you complain to Asus, see what they say:

http://vip.asus.com