PDA

View Full Version : Got my G750JZ today, and... already broken?

aRyPtOnIx
04-26-2014, 01:22 AM
So got it today, installed everything. Played D3 for 2-3 hours. BF4 was finally all downloaded so started it, joined a game.

1. The game went full screen, then after a click, went windowed.
2. Opened some battlepack then the game froze.
3. Saw the message saying the driver crashed, twice
4. Computer restarted by itself with both fan running at max speed.
5. Alright, the fun pack. Computer is back on, I start GPU Tweak first, the video card doesn't show 880M anymore but N15.

I go in the device, the Nvidia card isn't there anymore. I got 1 device not working correctly and its:
Intel Xeon processor E3 1200 ----- PCI Express x16 Controller 0C01
Im guessing that's the PCI port for the video card and... its... broken.
Not sure what to do right now. Downloaded the Nvidia drivers but doesn't see a video card obliviously. Windows doesn't find new driver for the PCI port.

And the GPU fan is still running at full speed after 15min... probably because its not finding the video card.

Im going to reinstall windows right now but... I really think my laptop just broke after 6 hours.

aRyPtOnIx
04-26-2014, 01:30 AM
Well, after a few restart, it came back but... that cant be good. Time to try BF4 again.

GottiBoi55
04-26-2014, 04:40 AM
You should try a "system restore" to a point before you installed everything.
Then test your NB for problems, then check the "Asus driver download page" and make sure all drivers, and BIOS is up to date.

sasuke256
04-26-2014, 10:33 AM
change your video driver to the latest beta and deactivate full fan speed on GPU tweak :)
dl the intel chipset drivers and install the latest ones and you will be cool :)

aRyPtOnIx
04-26-2014, 02:24 PM
The laptop came with all the latest drivers installed (including the BIOS), since most of the stuff on their support website is dated at or before the announcement of the 800m models.

I was already running on the beta driver from NVidia when it crashed. And no, the switch for full fan speed wasn't On :P It couldn't find the video card nor the temp so by default/safety, it was running at full speed.
BF4 ran fine after the pci port came back but... if it happened once, it can happen again.

Also, It seem to be running on the GPU full time now, even while im writing this, and not on the Intel graphic (which also mean the gpu fan is always on). Im sure some of you would like to know how but I have no idea lol. (The Intel HD graphic is still in my device)

hmscott
04-26-2014, 10:22 PM

aRyPtOnIx, the Nvidia driver crash - without OC'ing, suggests the Video card has a problem and you should return or RMA the laptop. Adding the video card disappearing from the Device Manager, it doesn't look good.

You could try lowering the GPU/memory speeds to see if it becomes stable, as others have done, to confirm the GTX card is not in spec.

You can report this behavior to Asus here via a Technical Inquiry

http://vip.asus.com

Let us know how it works out :)

hmscott
04-26-2014, 10:22 PM

aRyPtOnIx, the Nvidia driver crash - without OC'ing, suggests the Video card has a problem and you should return or RMA the laptop. Adding the video card disappearing from the Device Manager, it doesn't look good.

You could try lowering the GPU/memory speeds to see if it becomes stable, as others have done, to confirm the GTX card is not in spec.

Try a few GPU benchmarks or stress tests to try to push the Nvidia driver to crash in a reproduceable way that you can share with Asus. Furmark, 3dmark, 3dmark11, etc.

You can report the crashing Nvidia driver / disappearing GTX card behavior to Asus here via a Technical Inquiry, ask if you should RMA.

http://vip.asus.com

Let us know how it works out :)

aRyPtOnIx
04-27-2014, 04:24 AM
Sent a message to Asus. We will see.

Played fine today, nothing special (outside not perfect performance with a second monitor..)

AgedMachine
01-22-2015, 01:26 PM
Did you get a resolution to this? My G750JS is doing the exact same thing...