PDA

View Full Version : Advice for new Asus G75JZ

Noem224
05-05-2014, 02:06 PM
Hello,
first sorry for my english. for weeks i like to buy a new gaming laptop. I find, that the Asus is the best for me because i want a really silent notebook for gaming. i own a macbook pro retina 15" for work and some gaming. The performance is ok.... ok it could be better but the most terrible thing for me is the sound when i play games with it (Yes i know, a mac is not for games). the fans of the mac get really loud. now my wife says that i should buy something that ist more silent than this.

My Questions are:

Is the Asus G75JZ really silent when gaming? And how is the display (Contrast)?

HomieOC
05-05-2014, 02:32 PM
i have the JZ, and contrast is perfect :) It's super quite. Also, if you want to turn fan to max you can it does get a little noisey but still quite. When i game though if i don't put fan to max its super quite :)

MrRuckus
05-05-2014, 04:59 PM
G750 has 2 fans for cooling. In my opinion they are one of the best laptops for gaming because of this. You look at other laptops like the MSI gaming series and they have one fan. 1 Fan for over 150 watts to cool is not going to be quiet, its simple physics. The fans in my G750 even with the 780 are barely audible while gaming.

Master Po
05-05-2014, 10:08 PM
I have the new G750JZ with 880M 4GB VDRAM. I use headphones when I game.. don't notice any noise that would bother me..

Now I have to say.. this is a beast.. playing Battlefield 4 on Ultra with Vsync on for couple of hours.. exit game.. look at temperature after 15 minutes.. 45 c..