PDA

View Full Version : G750JS dropped keystrokes

sjlawton
05-08-2014, 05:33 PM
I just got a G750JS yesterday and i'm already having issues. 1/20 keystrokes just does nothing. Is anyone else having this issue and figure out a way to fix it? I tried reinstalling the keyoard drivers like the support told me to and it didn' fix anything.

Prostar Computer
05-08-2014, 06:07 PM
The only driver fix I've heard of for a keystroke problem is disabling the trackpad; there was a conflict between the two. Other than that, your keyboard, keyboard controller, or the keyboard data cable could be defective.

I think the G750 keyboards are free of ghosting, but you are welcome to put it to the test here (http://www.microsoft.com/appliedsciences/antighostingexplained.mspx).

sjlawton
05-08-2014, 07:58 PM
OK I seem to have isolated the problem. Apparently when the touchpad is turned off this problem happens. I am not having issues with the touchpad turned on. Now I just need to figure out how to get the touchpad off while not causing the dropped keys.

Prostar Computer
05-08-2014, 09:31 PM
You can start by reinstalling (or updating, if applicable) the driver for the touchpad, as well as any available ATKACPI package and keyboard filter update for the keyboard.

Hopefully that helps. :)

sjlawton
05-09-2014, 04:06 AM
Now the problem has started again with the touchpad enabled. I'm not even sure what caused it to stop for several hours at this point.