PDA

View Full Version : should i get 3 year square trade warrenty for new g750js?

dblkk
05-09-2014, 02:00 AM
As most of you know, I just purchased a g750 j's model from amazon. I use it daily and take it almost everywhere. Thing is solid and very well built. But I can add a 3 year square trade warranty for $350. Not sure if its worth it. I almost always get it on camcorders and cameras due to accidental coverage. also got best buys warranty on my surface pro since you can't open up or fix anything yourself on it.

But was wondering your thoughts? I have a few days left that I can still add one on. Do you think its worth it? is square trade good? any other options?

side note, anyone know where I can buy a second battery for the g750?

Nillaz
05-09-2014, 03:38 AM
As most of you know, I just purchased a g750 j's model from amazon. I use it daily and take it almost everywhere. Thing is solid and very well built. But I can add a 3 year square trade warranty for $350. Not sure if its worth it. I almost always get it on camcorders and cameras due to accidental coverage. also got best buys warranty on my surface pro since you can't open up or fix anything yourself on it.

But was wondering your thoughts? I have a few days left that I can still add one on. Do you think its worth it? is square trade good? any other options?

side note, anyone know where I can buy a second battery for the g750?

I have a SqaureTrade warranty on my G750, and while they are rarely a good value proposition I get them on every piece of electronics that I feel has a high likelihood of failure and where replacing said item out of pocket would be an undue hardship. This does not mean I feel the G750 is likely to die...on the contrary it is fairly robust as far as laptops go, but the fact that it does a lot of travelling with me where things can happen outside of my control concerns me. The same goes for items like camcorders and cameras where self repair is impractical if not impossible.

I have never had to exercise my warranty on a laptop, but I have had to use them for other devices (the last being my car stereo). The people at SquareTrade have always been unfailingly courteous and prompt. Their turnaround time has always been excellent and as far as extended warranties go their prices are extremely reasonable. I cannot even remotely say the same for other warranty companies I have dealt with in the past. This includes Asurion, NEW, and Warrantech.

There's a catch that's important to understand though. SqaureTrade warranties are only valid for up to the dollar amount of the device you purchased it for, and the cost of each warranty repair is cumulative. If at any time you ever rack up so many repairs that the total cost of those repairs is more than the cost of the device you purchased your warranty is considered fulfilled no matter how much time is left on the plan. As long as you understand this you won't run into any nasty surprises.

Also batteries for the G750 are relatively difficult to come by. I suggest keeping an eye on the Asus E-store and grab one when you see it in stock.