PDA

View Full Version : ROG G750JW fan question

psychosocial81
05-11-2014, 01:04 AM
Hello everyone,

I was wondering a little something, the right fan on my laptop always seems to be the one working the most ( as in if I check in the back you can actually hear and feel it pushing more air.

Was wondering why I am never hearing the left fan work? Something I should be worried about or is it normal?

Might seem like a typical everyday question but I dont know much about those and my warranty is about to go out, so was trying to see if maybe I needed to have it checked.

Laptop runs perfectly fine even with hours on end of gaming, so Im assuming all is good, but was wondering.

Thanks in advance!

hmscott
05-11-2014, 07:14 AM
Hello everyone,

I was wondering a little something, the right fan on my laptop always seems to be the one working the most ( as in if I check in the back you can actually hear and feel it pushing more air.

Was wondering why I am never hearing the left fan work? Something I should be worried about or is it normal?

Might seem like a typical everyday question but I dont know much about those and my warranty is about to go out, so was trying to see if maybe I needed to have it checked.

Laptop runs perfectly fine even with hours on end of gaming, so Im assuming all is good, but was wondering.

Thanks in advance!

You aren't gaming enough! Get to it! :)

Looking from the front of the laptop, screen side, the left fan is the CPU fan and everything makes that sing - and now with Optimus even low end graphics operations come from the GPU onboard the CPU - so the CPU fan is doing 1.5x duty in the new G750's

The right side fan (again, looking from the front of the laptop) is the fan for the Nvidia GTX GPU cooler, and that only spins up during GPU operations assigned to the Nvidia GPU - you can assign apps to use the Nvidia GTX GPU via the Nvidia Control Panel 3D settings for Programs - but many heavy duty games are already configured to use the Nvidia GTX GPU.

Read the forums, there is lots of good info, but remember the Optimus configuration is new and it looks like not completely implemented - like the Custom Resolution settings normally done with the Nvidia Control panel are now down with the Intel control panel, and it doesn't have all the features needed yet.

So, the answer is to play more graphically intensive games, and make sure they are using the Nvidia GPU :)