PDA

View Full Version : HELP with the screen and the driver 335.23 from envidia....

chassy809
05-12-2014, 03:44 AM
I have configured the display will automatically turn off, after 15 minutes without use the computer. the screen wakes up after touching any key, but here's the problem .... the screen takes several seconds to turn on back and get a message saying that the driver 335.23 stopped working. This happens only when the screen turns off. If I put the pc to sleep, the computer turned on normally, so only happens when the screen is turned off for lack of use. someone experienced this error? There is something you can do to solve the problem? thanks in advance...

chassy809
05-12-2014, 03:45 AM
i mean NVIDIA....

hmscott
05-12-2014, 03:55 AM
I have configured the display will automatically turn off, after 15 minutes without use the computer. the screen wakes up after touching any key, but here's the problem .... the screen takes several seconds to turn on back and get a message saying that the driver 335.23 stopped working. This happens only when the screen turns off. If I put the pc to sleep, the computer turned on normally, so only happens when the screen is turned off for lack of use. someone experienced this error? There is something you can do to solve the problem? thanks in advance...

You don't say what version of G750 you have. Is it the previous generation, JW/JX/JH or the new generation, the JM/JS/JZ?

I would try installing the latest driver from Nvidia, made to support the latest GTX8xxm video cards, and of course all the ones before.

337.50 BETA is running fine on everyone's G750 that has posted here, give it a try :)
http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/74637

And, when you do the install, select Custom install, and check the little box that says clean install. It will uninstall the old driver, reboot (maybe), and then install the new driver.

Let us know if that works :)

chassy809
05-12-2014, 05:37 AM
oh sorry... im using the g750jw... and thanks for your answer. I did everything you said and now works like a charm.... thanks again
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

hmscott
05-12-2014, 11:10 AM
oh sorry... im using the g750jw... and thanks for your answer. I did everything you said and now works like a charm.... thanks again
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Cool, now you can go to the new G750JM/JS/JZ download areas and download the latest WIndows 8.1 drivers for everything else, and be totally up to date. :)

http://support.asus.com/Search.aspx?SLanguage=en&keyword=g750&ps=10&pn=1

The JM download area has the most up to date stuff right now...but you can skip the Video drivers :)

chassy809
07-02-2014, 03:22 AM
ok guys this is the message that appears after I turn on the screen. This only happens when the screen sleeps. this is happening to me again. G750JW-NVIDIA driver 340.43 (read 1st. post on this thread). Tahnks in advance

hmscott
07-02-2014, 04:36 AM
ok guys this is the message that appears after I turn on the screen. This only happens when the screen sleeps. this is happening to me again. G750JW-NVIDIA driver 340.43 (read 1st. post on this thread). Tahnks in advance

chassy809, Nvidia driver crashes coming out of sleep - it is either the Nvidia driver that is the problem - or it is a borderline stable GTX GPU.

When you did a Custom => Clean Install with a new Nvidia driver and the problem went away, it looked like a bad driver install - either the same has just happened, or we should do some stress testing of your GTX765m to see if it falls over under load - and / or underclock the GPU Core clock 50-100mhz to see if that stops the crashes.

I will leave it up to OP's choice :)

chassy809
07-02-2014, 08:00 PM
can i use the GPU tweak from asus to undercloclk the GPU core clock? sorry for being a noob on this... and thanks for the response....

hmscott
07-03-2014, 02:55 PM
can i use the GPU tweak from asus to undercloclk the GPU core clock? sorry for being a noob on this... and thanks for the response....

chassy809, yes, that is the only tool to use.

Asus GPU Tweak for Laptops vs Asus GPU Tweak for Graphics Cards
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?45644-Asus-GPU-Tweak-for-Laptops-vs-Asus-GPU-Tweak-for-Graphics-Cards&p=387929&viewfull=1#post387929

Maxter
07-03-2014, 04:53 PM
I'm using 335.23. I also have the JW (with Win8). Working VERY stable.