PDA

View Full Version : Asus G750JX Onboard Mic issues

razorfish7
05-12-2014, 04:57 PM
Hey guys,

I've had my Asus g750 JX for about 3 months now. I've been using the onboard microphone jack for steam and other social games. No problem until yesterday.

Mic would not receive sound anymore. The device was still visible in Manage audio devices from control panel, but the sound bars won't register. If I mess with the settings in some random combination, levels, db boost, or listen to this device etc., I can get it to register sometimes. But as soon as I launch Steam to test mic, it goes back to dead.

I've rebooted the system and reinstalled drivers already to no avail. Is the onboard mic that comes with this computer just no good? I've seen others complaining about the mic as well. I have a USB mic that I could use, but it just seems silly when I paid so much for a gaming laptop...

Asus G750JX
Windows 8.1
Nvidia Geforce GTX770m
16GB RAM
Intel Core i7 2.4 gHz

Vivek
09-22-2014, 10:58 AM
Hi,

I have the same problem as razorfish7. I got my Asus g750jx in november 2013 and the mic was working fine till now. all of a sudden the inbuilt mic and the mic jack are not receiving sound at all. I have tried installing the drivers again but still nothing.

I would really appreciate it if someone can help me with this.

-
Vivek

cosie
11-05-2015, 07:16 PM
hi guys, have anyone resolved such mic. problem?