PDA

View Full Version : Which Flat Cable Controls Keyboard Lighting?

deandome
05-13-2014, 06:07 PM
I jut did a successful DIT power-jack replacement on the motherboard of my G74S. All is fine, 'cept for the fact that my keyboard lighting doesn't work. The f2 & f4 brightness-control buttons work, in that they move the brightness meter up & down, but they don't control anything.

I'm thinking I might not have one of the flat cables that connect the keyboard to the motherboard fastened properly, so I'm hoping one of you might know which cable controls the lighting? I'm thinking it might be the smallest, 3-'wire' strip, but I thought I'd ask first.

ALSO, I spaced out the fact that one of my USB jacks had gotten broken (a while back lost the cover of the middle 'blade'). It's the one between the blue USB 3 jack & the DVI port. I figure if I have to open the thing up again, I might want to tackle that...but where to I get a new jack? Are they generic, or specific to each laptop/motherboard?

Thanks!

cl-Albert
05-13-2014, 10:48 PM
Sorry, I don't normally take apart notebooks, but from what I know for the lighted keyboards, there should be an extra smaller cable from the keyboard (in addition to the standard larger flat keyboard cable) for the keyboard light, so I would make sure it's connected or maybe try re-connecting it if you don't see the keyboard lights flash at power up.

Hope this helps and good luck!