PDA

View Full Version : G750 Headphone riser board?

VirtualMark
05-14-2014, 02:51 PM
Hey, does anyone know where I can purchase a headphone riser board? Mine has broken and I'd like to replace it, but can't find where to buy the part.

Thanks.

Prostar Computer
05-14-2014, 11:16 PM
Getting such a specific part is hard to come by. eBay will probably be your best resource. You can also try other forums where there may be other users parting out their systems.

hmscott
05-15-2014, 06:44 AM
Hey, does anyone know where I can purchase a headphone riser board? Mine has broken and I'd like to replace it, but can't find where to buy the part. Thanks.

What part of the board broke? The headphone jack / connection to the board? Maybe you can unsolder the jack and replace it?

Better yet, report the issue to Asus, and request an RMA. Accidental damage is covered in may regions, so they will happily fix the physical damage.

You sign up here for an account, register your laptop, and file a Technical Inquiry to request the RMA / repair.

http://vip.asus.com

VirtualMark
05-15-2014, 10:46 PM
Hey, thanks for the suggestion. However, I already voided the warranty when I got it, as I fitted my own SSD. And I have already taken it apart and desoldered the mic input and fitted it to the headphone, which worked perfectly. But this is the second time I've broken it, it's easily done as the headphone jack sticks out of the side of the laptop and catches things when I put it down.

So a riser board would be ideal, as I can just unplug the old one and insert the new one. Far easier than messing around with solder, as the pins were quite small and it was a lot of messing around.

hmscott
05-16-2014, 02:36 AM
Hey, thanks for the suggestion. However, I already voided the warranty when I got it, as I fitted my own SSD. And I have already taken it apart and desoldered the mic input and fitted it to the headphone, which worked perfectly. But this is the second time I've broken it, it's easily done as the headphone jack sticks out of the side of the laptop and catches things when I put it down.

So a riser board would be ideal, as I can just unplug the old one and insert the new one. Far easier than messing around with solder, as the pins were quite small and it was a lot of messing around.

Putting in your own SSD didn't invalidate the warranty, but pulling everything apart to solder the broken jack did - but still, Asus is pretty cool about owning up to such a foray into the laptop - you can still ask for warranty repair - give it a try as you have nothing to lose. Offer to pay for the repair too, that may help.

Getting the replacement part off Ebay is the best idea, find some companies that part out keyboard keys, they are already pulling the laptops apart so you might find one that has the riser card available for sale too :)