PDA

View Full Version : Video editing is it effected by graphic card?

Master Po
05-15-2014, 10:39 AM
Just curious, because it uses the Intel one and not my NVIDIA, the heat is 75c while trying to complete a movie editing. I wonder if it will go faster with NVIDIA?

hmscott
05-15-2014, 10:51 AM
Just curious, because it uses the Intel one and not my NVIDIA, the heat is 75c while trying to complete a movie editing. I wonder if it will go faster with NVIDIA?

75c for what? The Intel CPU/GPU, or the Nvidia GTX temp?

You need to set the Program options for each program In the Nvidia Control Panel 3D settings, to force it to use the GTX card, instead of the Intel GPU.

Now you can test the results under the Nvidia GTX GPU, and under the Intel GPU - you are the best judge of what the performance difference is for you on your own app usage :)

Master Po
05-15-2014, 11:47 AM
75c for what? The Intel CPU/GPU, or the Nvidia GTX temp?

You need to set the Program options for each program In the Nvidia Control Panel 3D settings, to force it to use the GTX card, instead of the Intel GPU.

Now you can test the results under the Nvidia GTX GPU, and under the Intel GPU - you are the best judge of what the performance difference is for you on your own app usage :)
75c for the Intel GPU when it was finalizing the video, it's requires a lot of resources.
GeForce 880M was showing 57c.

hmscott
05-16-2014, 01:30 AM
75c for the Intel GPU when it was finalizing the video, it's requires a lot of resources.
GeForce 880M was showing 57c.

Master Po, so if you have the Intel GPU set, the CPU temp is 75c, and if you use the GTX GPU, the CPU temp is 57c? Thats great :)

What is the GTX GPU temp at when you are set to use the Intel GPU, and what is the GTX GPU temp at when set to use the GTX GPU?