PDA

View Full Version : Need Help New G750JS-RS71 Both Fans on 100% all the time and Graphics Driver not load

jpcoburn311
05-15-2014, 06:56 PM
Hello,

I'll try and provide what little info I have. I'm very computer unfriendly...was hoping to just turn it on and play games like I have with my last 3 ASUS gaming laptops.

I purchased the G750JS-RS71 3 weeks ago. I brought it home turned it on and downloaded Elder Scrolls and everything ran great for about 5 days. On the 5th day the computer froze said it encountered an error and shut down. I restarted it and both fans were blowing at 100% from the second I turned it on and they wouldn't go off. I restarted many times and same thing, the second I push power they're on 100%. The computer seemed to run fine so I tried to load up ESO and is was VERY laggy, the graphics were also terrible.

I tried to run the NVIDIA GeFORCE experience to have it set the optimal game settings and now its telling me it cant find a driver for my PC.

This goes on for a few days and then I got away for a week for vacation. When I come home I fire the computer up and the fans aren't on, GeFORCE experience pops up first thing once I log in and optimizes my graphics for me. I fire up the game and everythings working perfect again, I think it worked itself out and am happy.......5 days go by and then again, game freezes and I get a message that an error has occurred and it forces a restart.....computer restarts and the fans are 100% again and no driver found.

What can I do to fix this? Like I said I am vey noob on computers. If you need any info I can try and find/provide it for you. I know i'm running windows 8.1 x64 if that helps.

Thank You.

jpcoburn311
05-15-2014, 08:23 PM
Also, I can leave the computer off for 5 hours and the second I hit the power button to try and turn it on both fans fire up going 100% I have the NVIDIA GEFORECE GTX 870M

jpcoburn311
05-19-2014, 11:17 AM
Still having this problem.

Fans on 100% from the second I push power to turn comp on.

NVIDIA graphics card not loading. I try to do an update and it says it cant because I don't have an NVIDIA GPU.

I check thru Control panel > System > REmote Settings > Display Adapters and the NVIDIA isn't even in there, it only shows Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

This is a brand new laptop.

hmscott
05-19-2014, 11:31 AM
Still having this problem.

Fans on 100% from the second I push power to turn comp on.

NVIDIA graphics card not loading. I try to do an update and it says it cant because I don't have an NVIDIA GPU.

I check thru Control panel > System > REmote Settings > Display Adapters and the NVIDIA isn't even in there, it only shows Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

jpcoburn311, the laptop hardware is not working correctly, return it to the place you bought it if there is still time in the return period. You should have done that right away. The problem you are describing can't be caused by Windows, the fans are controlled by the motherboard, and there is no OS fan control.

If you are past the return period, ask nicely for them to extend the return period, ask to swap it for a new one, if they won't give you your money back.

If you can't arrange a return to the seller, get in touch with Asus and describe the problem to them, and get the laptop RMA'd right away.

You can sign up, register the laptop, and file a Technical Inquiry with Asus describing the problem, and ask for an RMA.
http://vip.asus.com

An RMA will take much longer than a return to the seller, so try to do that first.

Let us know how it works out for you :)

gazzacbr
05-19-2014, 11:55 AM

hmm, that doesnt really count for much ;)

you could try a factory restore of windows, losing any programs you have added on.
but your going to lose that anyway if you rma it back to asus.
backup all your personal stuff.
reset the bios to defaults (maybe something changed in there)
check the manual on how to do a full restore. you might as well try that first.

R3d Zombie
05-29-2014, 04:43 PM
hmm, that doesnt really count for much ;)

you could try a factory restore of windows, losing any programs you have added on.
but your going to lose that anyway if you rma it back to asus.
backup all your personal stuff.
reset the bios to defaults (maybe something changed in there)
check the manual on how to do a full restore. you might as well try that first.

OP, i just picked one up myself and broke it down completely for repast. The graphics card is their custom MXM slot card. MAYBE, it was not fitted correctly or got loose somehow, though that'd be a stretch. The computer is no picnic to take apart either, but definitely doable and does not void warranty. There is only a warranty sticker on the CPU screws.

Otherwise I agree that you should consider retoring or reinstalling WIN and/or checking the bios for anything that seems incorrect. I am in the process of getting my drivers for WIN7 downgrade, but I will let you know if I hit any of the same problems.

HomieOC
05-29-2014, 05:31 PM
OP, i just picked one up myself and broke it down completely for repast. The graphics card is their custom MXM slot card. MAYBE, it was not fitted correctly or got loose somehow, though that'd be a stretch. The computer is no picnic to take apart either, but definitely doable and does not void warranty. There is only a warranty sticker on the CPU screws.

Otherwise I agree that you should consider retoring or reinstalling WIN and/or checking the bios for anything that seems incorrect. I am in the process of getting my drivers for WIN7 downgrade, but I will let you know if I hit any of the same problems.

Good to know :)

Hucker42
07-08-2014, 10:57 AM
I have had exactly the same problem with 100% fans on both CPU and GPU on my G750 JS after about three weeks of ownership. I have returned for a replacement.