PDA

View Full Version : Drag and Drop modification?

cstrasz
05-15-2014, 11:52 PM
Just got a G750 and loving it so far. Only complaint I really have is the drag and drop on the trackpad sucks compared to my previous laptop.

In other laptops I've had the option to make it so once you double tap and start dragging, it stays locked to the cursor until you click again where you want to drop something. With this one, I see no such option. You have to keep holding the finger down on the trackpad which makes movement of files and other things a PITA for long distances.

The weird thing is I came across an ASUS article that talks about this feature for their other line of laptops. Is there a way to enable this or a third party program that I could use? The best I've found is the 'Click Lock' option in the mouse settings, but that's less than desirable.

Myk SilentShadow
05-16-2014, 12:08 AM
Moving files? Ctrl+X then Ctrl+V easy peasy

cstrasz
05-16-2014, 02:04 AM
It's less to do with moving files (I use the keyboard shortcuts for that). Has more to do with things like moving the extents of window dimensions, moving icons on a desktop, etc. where shortcuts can't be used.

hmscott
05-16-2014, 02:33 AM
Just got a G750 and loving it so far. Only complaint I really have is the drag and drop on the trackpad sucks compared to my previous laptop.

In other laptops I've had the option to make it so once you double tap and start dragging, it stays locked to the cursor until you click again where you want to drop something. With this one, I see no such option. You have to keep holding the finger down on the trackpad which makes movement of files and other things a PITA for long distances.

The weird thing is I came across an ASUS article that talks about this feature for their other line of laptops. Is there a way to enable this or a third party program that I could use? The best I've found is the 'Click Lock' option in the mouse settings, but that's less than desirable.

Mouse settings? Did you also set Drag in "Asus Smart Gesture" systray app?

It seems to be working as desired. I selected 4 desktop icons, double tapped, and then was able to drag the group around nicely. If I lift up on the trackpad, the group stays selected, and another double tap lets me continue dragging. Is that what you wanted?