PDA

View Full Version : Are the G750 series really 4kg?

_Kevin
05-18-2014, 08:28 PM
Hi folks.

I am planning to buy the Asus G750JX for gaming and for college, but is it really that "heavy"? It doesn't look that way when I am watching reviews and unboxing videos.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

theclaw37
05-18-2014, 10:28 PM
Yes it actually is 4kg. With the charger and mouse and an extra ssd and etc it actually grows to 5. Also my HP backpack that's supposed to hold a 17" laptop does not fit the g750. It's WAY bigger than you'd expect.

_Kevin
05-19-2014, 05:54 AM
Yes it actually is 4kg. With the charger and mouse and an extra ssd and etc it actually grows to 5. Also my HP backpack that's supposed to hold a 17" laptop does not fit the g750. It's WAY bigger than you'd expect.

Right, so it would be less practical to take it with me college..

erix_jansen@hotmail.com
05-19-2014, 07:29 AM
I only very ocassionally take it out of the office, and when I do I drive in my car. (For me this laptop is for long weekends away or holidays, not for daily use).

If I used it on the road every day and if I would walk a lot, I would never buy this one.

Indeed, I sometimes think ASUS should have made it with a carrying handle, like a suitcase :)

JMourao
05-19-2014, 09:04 AM
yeah they are really 4kg, but in my opinion i can go with him everywhere. the size is not a problem what so ever. not bragging but iam 1,84 and 95kg and i can easily move the pc around. So if you are close to that at least you have no problem to that.
Actually now, iam so used to it that when i look at 15,6 inches i think that they look like eee pc's xD

_Kevin
05-19-2014, 01:39 PM
yeah they are really 4kg, but in my opinion i can go with him everywhere. the size is not a problem what so ever. not bragging but iam 1,84 and 95kg and i can easily move the pc around. So if you are close to that at least you have no problem to that.
Actually now, iam so used to it that when i look at 15,6 inches i think that they look like eee pc's xD

Pretty close yeah. I am still deciding.. it looks dope, but the weight is holding me back to use it for college.

noone
05-21-2014, 08:51 AM
If you think the size might be an issue, its not the right laptop.

Love mine, but it moves about 2 feet (side table to couch). I carry a 11" Macbook Air daily, couldn't imagine having to move that brick around on public transport unless I had to, its bigger than most 17" (depth, thickness and weight).

MSI and Gigabyte make some nice toys, their cooling isn't as good, but if you get the Maxwell GPU, then thats much less of an issue.

MrRuckus
05-22-2014, 12:10 AM
It's meant to be a desktop replacement. I leave mine at work or take it home and on vacation at times. I don't see it as a hassle. Pro's and Con's to a heavy gaming laptop. Just gotta find out if its something you can live with. 780 in the JH is just awesome.