PDA

View Full Version : Is the CPU in the G750JX on the left or right? Possible fan problem

iammax
05-19-2014, 10:43 PM
My CPU and Motherboard temps are getting high (about 70 when I'm not doing anything), but the graphics and hard drive temps are normal (about 40 when I'm not doing anything). This is all according to Piriform Speccy.

I don't feel anything coming out of the left fan... could it be a fan malfunction?
There is some slightly warm air coming out of the right fan, and it sounds louder. Is there a program which will tell you if your fans are spinning?

Darnassus
05-20-2014, 08:51 PM
While using the computer, the CPU is on the left side of the unit. The GPU is on the right.

Sounds like your CPU fan isn't working if you feel nothing and it's at 70*C

The fan should spin up at 40*C

hmscott
05-20-2014, 09:27 PM
My CPU and Motherboard temps are getting high (about 70 when I'm not doing anything), but the graphics and hard drive temps are normal (about 40 when I'm not doing anything). This is all according to Piriform Speccy.

I don't feel anything coming out of the left fan... could it be a fan malfunction?
There is some slightly warm air coming out of the right fan, and it sounds louder. Is there a program which will tell you if your fans are spinning?

iammax, if you are only hearing one fan running, it is likely the CPU fan, and looking from the operator position (in front of the keyboard/screen) it is the left fan.

If your CPU fan isn't running, that is a hardware failure you can't fix yourself.

Try to get a handle on what is running, and if you really are idle at 70c, instead of around 45c, you should return the laptop if you still can, or contact Asus for an RMA return for repair.

You can set up an account here, register your JX, and file a Technical Inquiry with the details you shared here and ask Asus for assistance and potentially an RMA return.

http://vip.asus.com

Welcome to the G750 forum!