PDA

View Full Version : G75 G75VW-NS72 screen issue

ftrain
05-20-2014, 04:22 AM
Hello All,

I thank you in advance for any help.

So I think a small amount of water got into my laptop screen while I was biking back from school today. I am not sure exactly if I can fix it my own or if I am going to have to take it to a shop. The screen shows different brightness levels on my display. I have attached a few photos to better show the issue.

My first conclusion is to take apart the laptop fully and try and wipe it down. There has not been any other issue with the laptop, just the screen. I am technically inclined, however, i am just not as familiar with laptops as I am with desktop hardware (this is my first laptop).

Regards,
Wayne

Clintlgm
05-20-2014, 12:27 PM
If you got your notebook wet, I would remove the battery unplug it and take it to the nearest Asus repair station. Water and Electronics do not mix

ftrain
05-21-2014, 07:04 PM
Yea, I live in Seattle right now and there isnt an Asus repair place near me. At least according to their site. I will probally order the screen off of this site, http://www.screencountry.com/index.php?section=products&model=G75VW&brand=ASUS&series=OTHER%20ASUS%20MODELS and install it myself.

ftrain
05-27-2014, 07:41 AM
Oddly enough, after a few days of use, the issue went away. I guess the water had to dry out of the LCD screen.

Clintlgm
05-27-2014, 01:07 PM
You have a very powerful guardian angel looking out for you. Most notebooks do not survive getting wet.