PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G750N - Clicking sound from subwoofer

stockis
05-20-2014, 08:29 AM
ASUS G750N - Clicking sound from subwoofer
Hi guys and girls

New on the forum and my first ASUS laptop.

When I started the laptop last night I heard a clicking sound from the laptop. After some looking and listening I found out it was the subwoofer. So I google this problem and found out that it was quite common.

It sounds like it's pulseing in some frequence.

I tried to uninstall and install drivers for the soundcard with no success. I have also tried to turn off and deactivate the sub with no success. Also tried to change to other HZ, no success there either.

Anyone else got an idea? I have emailed the asus support, but it could take up to 48 hours before they reply, and im a bit impatient and tired of hearing the clicking sound all the time.

Thankful for some help. Kinda anyoing with a new, expensive laptop to have this problem.

Best regards
Mikael

hmscott
05-20-2014, 09:13 AM
ASUS G750N - Clicking sound from subwoofer
Hi guys and girls

New on the forum and my first ASUS laptop.

When I started the laptop last night I heard a clicking sound from the laptop. After some looking and listening I found out it was the subwoofer. So I google this problem and found out that it was quite common.

It sounds like it's pulseing in some frequence.

I tried to uninstall and install drivers for the soundcard with no success. I have also tried to turn off and deactivate the sub with no success. Also tried to change to other HZ, no success there either.

Anyone else got an idea? I have emailed the asus support, but it could take up to 48 hours before they reply, and im a bit impatient and tired of hearing the clicking sound all the time.

Thankful for some help. Kinda anyoing with a new, expensive laptop to have this problem.

Best regards
Mikael

Mikael, it sounds like you have pretty much tried everything you can reconfigure/re-install.

Does sound come out of the subwoofer when in use, or do you only get clicking?

Here is another rog'er with another model with sub clicking, he must have returned it - it was his last post!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?32391-Subwoofer-Constantly-Popping-when-laptop-is-turned-on

Please don't give up on Asus, you will get a good one if you persist.

Since you just got it you can swap it for another new one at the dealer. I would open it and check it out at the shop :)

Let us know how you work it out.