PDA

View Full Version : nVIDIA drivers for G56JR

akakorun
05-20-2014, 07:00 PM
Hello, this is my first post here so please be gentle if the topic is already covered but I have some issues with the nvidia drivers or the card performance itself.

I have ROG G56JR laptop model with nvidia 760M graphic card but the performance I get ingame is terrible. I had the same issue with another laptop and the problem was that the games run on the processor gpu (intel 4600).

How can I solve this problem?

Thank you.

BillCh
05-22-2014, 07:02 PM
Hi there!

I did download the "Nvidia Geforce Experience" to check for updates. But, apparently, mine came with the latest drivers.
It does seem that you might be using the Intel GPU. Have you checked that?

akakorun
05-22-2014, 07:56 PM
I finally solved the problem by running the games that ran on the integrated GPU as administrator.

Dota 2 selected gt760m automatically
CS:GO and LoL needed to be run as admin

My OS is Windows 8.1

Prostar Computer
05-22-2014, 08:00 PM
If your game(s) is running on Intel graphics because of the Optimus, head to the "Manage 3D settings" in the NVidia control panel and add your game to the list so that the NVidia chip will be forced to run when the game(s) is launched.

EDIT

I finally solved the problem by running the games that ran on the integrated GPU as administrator.

Dota 2 selected gt760m automatically
CS:GO and LoL needed to be run as admin

My OS is Windows 8.1

Interesting...

theclaw37
05-22-2014, 11:11 PM
Another way is to right click the app that you want to run > Run with graphics processor > NVIDIA

akakorun
05-23-2014, 09:59 AM
I tried setting the default GPU in nVIDIA control panel but after running the game the setting immediately reverted automatically to auto-select: Integrated.
I also don't have any run with graphic processor in the context menu (right click).

I can confirm that run as administrator is working by running nvidia optimus tester in the background and obviously the much higher fps ingame :))

xdon82
05-26-2014, 09:19 PM
Hello . Why I can't install drivers from nvidia site, but only from asus - restriction - nvidia program installation cannot find my Geforce GPU - 760M GTX on G56jr. There is a newer driver