PDA

View Full Version : g74sx-bbk7 locking up on wake up

WhiteVulpine
10-09-2011, 01:43 AM
Does anyone else have the problem where after you wake your laptop up from hibernation it tends to lock up? I have to hard restart it and I am wondering if this is a software or hardware issue.

dstrakele
10-09-2011, 02:06 AM
I've had that problem in the past. Even though it has undergone improvements, I try to avoid sleep and hibernation now. I think your problem is definitely software and depends on how a specific application works with hibernation. I also think the more apps you have open, the greater the chance of a failure to resume from sleep or hibernation. Applications and drivers can also leak memory, not returning memory resources they have used when they complete operations or are shut down. I think the longer your system uptime, the greater chance of failure to resume from hibernation.

JRd1st
10-09-2011, 03:30 AM
That used to happen on my daughter's desktop from having Skype running when it went to sleep. In fact it happened on two desktops. Both ran Win7 and both crashed on waking up because of Skype

WhiteVulpine
10-09-2011, 05:06 AM
Thank you for your replies, Ill stick to just shutting it down when I close the lid. ^_^

chrsplmr
10-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Is there a 'Repost S3 on Resume' in bios? Enabled?

And Welcome WhiteVulpine.c.

JRd1st
10-09-2011, 04:15 PM
Is there a 'Repost S3 on Resume' in bios? Enabled?

And Welcome WhiteVulpine.c.

The BIOS in this laptop is fairly bereft of settings. (probably a GOOD thing ;) )