PDA

View Full Version : How am I supposed to upgrade/replace the RAM on the G56JR?

BlasterX
05-21-2014, 08:42 AM
Hi guys, I have got G56JR just last week. I don't want to upgrade yet, but for the future, how can I open the backside to upgrade/replace the RAM of it? I can see some cutting lines and buttons on the back, I guess they are the ones to open it. Is there any detailed document how to open it (nothing shown in the manual), and would it void the warranty if doing so?

P.S. Is there maybe any slot to add a mSATA/SATA SSD? It would be useful in the future for me, if there is.

wolfy
05-22-2014, 12:56 PM
I Do believe the G56JR is Just a rebadged and different color N56JRwhich i have there is a opening along the front underside held on by one screw in the middle the screw is hidden under a rubber plug the ram and hard drive ae under it.

BillCh
05-22-2014, 06:54 PM
Exactly what Wolfy says. The one screw is hidden by a little rubber "cap". And as far as I know, the warranty is not void from changing RAM.
It would be nice to have an extra eSATA or such, but I don't think it does. An SSD inside and an external HD, no room for an internal one. I'll just make do for now, and in some not too far future, make do with USB3.