PDA

View Full Version : New Member/Owner G750JM

Bgallodoro24
05-21-2014, 11:09 PM
Just wanted to say hi. After seeing how awesome this community is by reading through the forums the past couple days I deceided to get me an ASUS instead of the new Y50. I think I made a good decision. Ordered it today and got 3 day shipping so can't wait. Will have plenty of questions though when it comes in.

pokerface
05-22-2014, 06:52 AM
Be prepared for a Myriad of problems and lack of driver support. Good luck, we'll be here to help you though

Bgallodoro24
05-22-2014, 09:52 AM
Hopefully it won't be as bad as everyone is thinking. Trying to be positive lol. Just excited cause I haven't had a computer since 2004 and that was a top of the line Alienware desktop. I have a lot of catching up to do. It's amazing how fast tech moves with or without us.

sasuke256
05-22-2014, 10:26 AM
wow 10 years ? what were you doing ?

_
05-22-2014, 12:47 PM
Be prepared for a Myriad of problems and lack of driver support. Good luck, we'll be here to help you though

Since you're so happy with your purchase, I'm sure Alienware have a great community you can join then :)

Bgallodoro24
05-22-2014, 12:52 PM
wow 10 years ? what were you doing ?
Wife, kids, career. Now I have the chance to get back in a little bit.

Bgallodoro24
05-22-2014, 12:53 PM
Since you're so happy with your purchase, I'm sure Alienware have a great community you can join then :)
I saw that coming lol

pokerface
05-22-2014, 01:29 PM

LOL, ok. But as an owner of 3 ASUS gaming laptops previously I do help when I can :)

Prostar Computer
05-22-2014, 02:34 PM
Nobody has said "hi" back to Bgallodoro yet! For shame. :p

I hope you like your new laptop when it arrives, B-lo. ;) They're solid systems, but of course you have everyone here to help out as you need it.

Scionyde
05-22-2014, 03:18 PM
As a forum lurker who's thinking about buying a G750JM, I hope you find some time to post your experiences with it when it arrives. ;)

Phantzm
05-22-2014, 03:34 PM
I bought a G750JM from BestBuy. And I love it. Even though I did up the RAM, add a Blu-Ray burner and SSD.

I've had no major issues with it, but first thing I did was to make sure that I had all the current drivers and BIOS.

I've been playing BF4, TITANFALL and ESO for the most part and everything looks amazing and runs extremely well. I use the recomended settings from NVidia's GEForce Experience, which set everything on fairly high settings. Except for Neverwinter , which for some reason it can not make changes to the settings so I had to do it all manually.

I hope your experience is as good as mine has been.

BIOHAZARD9519
05-22-2014, 04:22 PM
Welcome to the community! I got the G750JS at launch and no problems so far. I was just like you in that I was deciding between the G750 and Lenovo Y50. Better cooling and graphics card got the best of me and no regrets. I also had the pleasant surprise of having almost 8 hours of battery life while at college. A complete win for me.

burn0u7
05-22-2014, 04:33 PM

@pokerface - you need to take your pro alienware garbage rants and get off this forum. You are not welcome here. I've been reading your rants about Alienware garbage and even the moderators want you to leave.

i've owned 2 Asus gaming laptops (G74SX, and G750JH), and 2 dell XPS laptops. The dell xps's kept eating video cards, and cpu's. i've NEVER had any problems with either asus laptop. Even all of my desktops have high end gaming boards. Never one issue.

All Alienware laptops and desktops are is just an overpriced dell. (since dell owns alienware, that makes sense) you get nothing special for another 2 grand. It's the same thing as buying a ford focus and putting a Bentley badge on it. We all know how craptastic Dells are.

now, GTFO. Go over to the Alienware forums. i'm sure they will love you there. Nobody wants your "help"

Bgallodoro24
05-22-2014, 04:54 PM
I was going to buy my lappy from bestbuy as well but i got the same model for $175 less on newegg. (no tax lol) It shipped out this morning so hopefully will get it soon. I just feel so left behind as far as the new tech stuff its not even funny. I think i forgot more than i know right now. Plus all the new tech is using new terminology so that makes it even worse.

As far as giving my experience when it arrives, I will do my best.

I want to put an ssd in it before i get too far involved figuring that would be much easier. Any recommendations?

Bgallodoro24
05-22-2014, 05:03 PM
I bought a G750JM from BestBuy. And I love it. Even though I did up the RAM, add a Blu-Ray burner and SSD.

I've had no major issues with it, but first thing I did was to make sure that I had all the current drivers and BIOS.

I've been playing BF4, TITANFALL and ESO for the most part and everything looks amazing and runs extremely well. I use the recomended settings from NVidia's GEForce Experience, which set everything on fairly high settings. Except for Neverwinter , which for some reason it can not make changes to the settings so I had to do it all manually.

I hope your experience is as good as mine has been.

Which SSD did you use? I know everyone talks about the Samsung EVO but im sure there are other ones just as good.

dblkk
05-22-2014, 05:22 PM
Which SSD did you use? I know everyone talks about the Samsung EVO but im sure there are other ones just as good.

The top and pretty much only ssd drives really worth it are Samsung 840 pro>cruicial m550>Samsung evo>intel 530. Maybe some more thrown in there but pretty much the newest and best in terms of performance.

Now price point, Samsung evo<intel 530<cruicial m550=Samsung pro

Quick note though, the Samsung evo offers blazing fast speeds at almost half the cost of the pro. Why/how, it uses its software bundled with the Samsung magician, which allows ram to be used as cache to significantly boost speeds. These work great for benchmarks and small file reads. Example being windows itself. So for pure speed and average user stuff the evo drive can get you up to 1tb for the price of the 500gb pro. Note about the pro, its just that damn awesome. Its read/write speeds almost match the evo, but its just straight drive. Software makes it even faster, but those 500mbps are pure drive speeds.

For the price though, the pro and m550 are about double per size as what the evo offers. Samsungs included ssd software make migration and the toolbox for using and maintaining the drive easy. Their software is a+ top notch, equal to paid versions of third party software.

But price/peroformance wise, nobody can touch the evo right now. that's why everyone recommends it. You can find drives $10-20 cheaper, but they wont be offering 550mpbs + read/write, probably 350-450. Plus throw in Samsung software and its just a done deal.

The pro is for people who want to render and transfer large files, and write a lot each day, its a tougher drive. But you pay for it.

Bgallodoro24
05-22-2014, 07:31 PM
http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=9SIA2W00ZD1539

This is a good one right?

Phantzm
05-22-2014, 08:00 PM
I have the 1TB Samsung EVO.

Phantzm
05-22-2014, 08:04 PM
That is the higher end SAMSUNG, and you will be more than happy with it.

http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=9SIA2W00ZD1539

This is a good one right?

What I would do though, is buy the SSD then use ASUS Backtracker to move the OS stuff to the SSD before doing anything else with it.
You will need a 16Gb flash drive to store the Backtracker image onto, then swap the drives (keep the original one out for the time being) , insert the flash drive and hold the "ESC" key when powering up. Then choose the option to restore the system. Once done, go into the systems files and rename your SSD to something other than OS as the old drive will have that name as well. Then install the old drive and format it. I have all my videos, iTunes and other misc stuff on the HDD. The SSD has my games, adobe Photoshop, auto cad and some other utility stuff on it.

There is a step by step somewhere, but I think I got everything here.

Bgallodoro24
05-22-2014, 08:19 PM
i just bought the flash drive from best buy an hour ago. I guess i need to go and order the ssd now. too bad i didnt do it when i got the lappy. Should i hold doing any customization before i put the ssd in or is it safe to start before it comes in?

Phantzm
05-22-2014, 08:26 PM
Depends on what you mean by customization. Changing the amount of RAM or the optical drive will do nothing to interfere with the install. You can even install software, then use the program from SAMSUNG to migrate anything you installed onto the SSD. In very few cases there were issues, but not many.

I cheated though, I have a drive replicator and copied the whole drive over to the SSD using that.

Bgallodoro24
05-22-2014, 08:41 PM
just ordered the 256G Samsung Pro. Should be here before the computer. What i meant by customize was changing user settings to suit my needs. Should i do any of that before i saw the HD?

Phantzm
05-22-2014, 09:29 PM
I'd get the new SSD installed before tweaking the settings. That way you will be guaranteed everything stays as you want it.

Bgallodoro24
05-22-2014, 09:46 PM
Thanks

hmscott
05-23-2014, 12:44 AM
i just bought the flash drive from best buy an hour ago. I guess i need to go and order the ssd now. too bad i didnt do it when i got the lappy. Should i hold doing any customization before i put the ssd in or is it safe to start before it comes in?

Bgallodoro24, the best time to implement inspiration is now, before it is changed or lost - use the energy of enthusiasm to push through further than you would under your normal energy. Practice makes perfect :)

When you get the SSD you will have worked out all the wrong turns and missteps so you can run through the installation, updates, upgrades, and configuration under the SSD as close to perfectly as the experience of that many repeated iterations allows.

If you are trying to avoid repeating the same customization over again when the SSD arrives, you are missing the point. Your understanding and inspiration will change each time you go through the repeated steps of customization, and you will discover new things each time you do it, for the first dozen or more times. And, again after a period of time has gone by, and you have read, experienced, and learned more - widened your perspective - your next go through customization will improve again.

The whole point of computers is to have something that doesn't care how often you mess up, it is still there to let you try again. Making mistakes on a computer are the milestone of experience. No time spent learning is wasted.

Besides that, it's fun!

If you are really happy with the installs, updates, upgrades, and configuration on the HD by the time the SSD comes in, you could always clone the HD to the SSD, and preserve your work :)

Macrium Reflect
http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

That is what I do most of the time. But, the last build I did on my bootable G750JH Samsung 512GB 840 Pro, I did an Asus Backtracker restore - mostly to test the process and see if Microsoft did anything different in the WIndows 8.0 patches up through Windows 8.1 upgrade and patches. They did.

Here is what my partitioning looks like for the 256GB RAID0 boot (current), 512GB SSD boot in Bay 2, the 1TB storage drive (now in external USB 3.0 enclosure)

Bgallodoro24
05-23-2014, 02:15 AM
Bgallodoro24, the best time to implement inspiration is now, before it is changed or lost - use the energy of enthusiasm to push through further than you would under your normal energy. Practice makes perfect :)

When you get the SSD you will have worked out all the wrong turns and missteps so you can run through the installation, updates, upgrades, and configuration under the SSD as close to perfectly as the experience of that many repeated iterations allows.

If you are trying to avoid repeating the same customization over again when the SSD arrives, you are missing the point. Your understanding and inspiration will change each time you go through the repeated steps of customization, and you will discover new things each time you do it, for the first dozen or more times. And, again after a period of time has gone by, and you have read, experienced, and learned more - widened your perspective - your next go through customization will improve again.

The whole point of computers is to have something that doesn't care how often you mess up, it is still there to let you try again. Making mistakes on a computer are the milestone of experience. No time spent learning is wasted.

Besides that, it's fun!

If you are really happy with the installs, updates, upgrades, and configuration on the HD by the time the SSD comes in, you could always clone the HD to the SSD, and preserve your work :)

Macrium Reflect
http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

That is what I do most of the time. But, the last build I did on my bootable G750JH Samsung 512GB 840 Pro, I did an Asus Backtracker restore - mostly to test the process and see if Microsoft did anything different in the WIndows 8.0 patches up through Windows 8.1 upgrade and patches. They did.

Here is what my partitioning looks like for the 256GB RAID0 boot (current), 512GB SSD boot in Bay 2, the 1TB storage drive (now in external USB 3.0 enclosure)

All i can say is wow. That was inspirational lol. You lost me on the last bit though. I still dont have a clear understanding of partions and raid. I hate to ask you to type anymore.

I guess the best thing to do is to save the factory settings to the flash drive before i mess with anything. The ssd should be here a day before the computer. Thats why i was wondering if i should install the ssd as soon as i get it for the OS and use the 1TB HDD for mass storage. Then i can play with everything else.

On another note i've been reading another older thread on here back in april about the jm overheating. Kind of has me nervous but im hoping that it was a fluke and not a widespread problem. Like i said earlier i have been out the game for awhile now so i have no idea what temps things are running at these days.

hmscott
05-23-2014, 02:30 AM
All i can say is wow. That was inspirational lol. You lost me on the last bit though. I still dont have a clear understanding of partions and raid. I hate to ask you to type anymore.

I guess the best thing to do is to save the factory settings to the flash drive before i mess with anything. The ssd should be here a day before the computer. Thats why i was wondering if i should install the ssd as soon as i get it for the OS and use the 1TB HDD for mass storage. Then i can play with everything else.

On another note i've been reading another older thread on here back in april about the jm overheating. Kind of has me nervous but im hoping that it was a fluke and not a widespread problem. Like i said earlier i have been out the game for awhile now so i have no idea what temps things are running at these days.

Bgallodoro24, that is the best way to do it, backup with Asus Backtracker, pull the boot HD that came with the laptop, and put in the new SSD in it's place (Bay 1), and then power on - hit ESC till you get the boot menu - and select the Asus Backtracker recovery flash drive to boot - and then do the restore to the new SSD.

I kept the original HD intact. I am comfortable leaving the HD partitioning as is, and use the free space on that drive - the DATA partition - with the HD in an external USB 3.0 enclosure. That way in case something happens to the laptop, I have the original build and my data backups sitting outside the laptop for recovery when I replace the laptop.

If you got a JM, you don't have to worry about RAID. The JZ has a RAID0 configuration available, but not the JM/JS - so far that is.

Optimus has added a new twist to the CPU cooling side, now that the CPU is doing double/triple duty when the Intel GPU is being used for video output, and again when you are doing the 3D rendering on the Intel GPU. So the heat floor was bound to go up.

It looks like some production runs are better than others, some have reported JM's with low enough temps to be a keeper, and some run too hot - going into thermal protection during heavy loads. So you should return it for another if that happens to you.

Use HWinfo to watch the temperatures, and thermal throttling - check the Sensors Only box at HWinfo64 startup to see it, and then get a series of baseline measurements for idle temp, normal use temp, watching a dvd/bd temp, gaming temp, and benchmark / stress testing temps.

You should be able to OC CPU / GPU on top of all of that, and then get those temps too. Your laptop should OC to max Intel CPU multipliers using Intel XTU, and the GPU to max OC through Asus GPU Tweak tool, and still keep everything cool and not throttling due to temperature.

I hope you get a good one :)

Let us know what you find when you get it set up and tested!

Bgallodoro24
05-23-2014, 02:54 AM
What are acceptable temps and not acceptable? Just so i know.

hmscott
05-23-2014, 03:13 AM
What are acceptable temps and not acceptable? Just so i know.

Bgallodoro24, that is a bit of an unknown right now for the new JM/JS/JZ, we don't have enough results posted yet. But, it looks like idle temps are 6c-8c higher on good examples, with the same delta on up the performance levels. Which can push the temps into the 90c range under highest stress, but a normal example still shouldn't go into thermal throttling.

The previous generation stock/non-OC temps were about the same in the JW/JX, at 40c idle, and max temps into the mid 80's on a typical example - rarely there were those that hit into the 90's, and fewer yet that hit thermal throttling and that was enough to inspire a return to the seller or Asus for RMA repair. The JH runs about 5-10c cooler throughout the performance range.

The difference with the JM/JS/JZ's with high temps we have been seeing is that more of them are getting hot enough under normal gaming usage and stress testing to go into thermal throttling. I hope that isn't the new normal - all the effort put into the Asus G750 cooling system resulted in great temps and no thermal throttling in the previous generation, it should be the same now. I am assuming these are production issues, and should go away eventually - until then return them and get another one that runs cooler.

sasuke256
05-23-2014, 04:50 AM
You can also reduce CPU temps by using a small Undervolting with intel xtreme utility (-50mV) and temps will go down.. may be 5 ? don't know, we should ask those who tried :)
The Maxwell GPU will stay cool no matter what, I dont expect you to see more than 70 in load even with OC (+135Mhz core+mem) !
My number are speculations, can anyone confirm 'em ?

Scionyde
05-23-2014, 11:40 AM
You can also reduce CPU temps by using a small Undervolting with intel xtreme utility (-50mV) and temps will go down.. may be 5 ? don't know, we should ask those who tried :)
The Maxwell GPU will stay cool no matter what, I dont expect you to see more than 70 in load even with OC (+135Mhz core+mem) !
My number are speculations, can anyone confirm 'em ?

There's not too much data from what I can tell, but it seems like this guy did some pretty extensive benchmarks:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?46798-Asus-G750JM-DS71-Temperatures-Tested

Looks like at stock, the 860M will go to around ~74 degrees at maximum. That seems pretty decent to me. What I'm not a huge fan of is the fact that at load, it looks like the CPU will go as high as 90 degrees, and I'm a little disappointed by that, even though I'm fully aware the max operating temp of that CPU should be around 100 degrees. I'm still trying to discern if that's due to Nvidia Optimus. Still, it is making me consider whether to put up with my mediocre Alienware m14x r2 for another 6 months to wait for Broadwell with its alleged "30% less power draw than Haswell"

HomieOC
05-23-2014, 11:43 AM
There's not too much data from what I can tell, but it seems like this guy did some pretty extensive benchmarks:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?46798-Asus-G750JM-DS71-Temperatures-Tested

Looks like at stock, the 860M will go to around ~74 degrees at maximum. That seems pretty decent to me. What I'm not a huge fan of is the fact\ that at load, it looks like the CPU will go as high as 90 degrees, and I'm a little disappointed by that, even though I'm fully aware the max operating temp of that CPU should be around 100 degrees. I'm still trying to discern if that's due to Nvidia Optimus. Still, it is making me consider whether to put up with my mediocre Alienware m14x r2 for another 6 months to wait for Broadwell with its alleged "30% less power draw than Haswell"

You can turn the fans to max.. and my CPU and gpu run around.. well my CPU runs around 60 C , and gpu 67 C when fans are max. G750 JZ is my laptop

Scionyde
05-23-2014, 11:48 AM
You can turn the fans to max.. and my CPU and gpu run around.. well my CPU runs around 60 C , and gpu 67 C when fans are max. G750 JZ is my laptop

Interesting. And the CPU/GPU are still at stock settings? Did you do also do any repasting or anything like that?

HomieOC
05-23-2014, 11:52 AM
Interesting. And the CPU/GPU are still at stock settings? Did you do also do any repasting or anything like that?

CPU is stock, and GPU is overclocked, and no repasting.

hmscott
05-23-2014, 12:01 PM

HomieOC, while that is nice that your CPU runs at 60c under your normal usage, new / potential owners of the JZ are wondering what the temps are under maximum stress.

What is the temperature of your CPU while running 8 threads of prime95?

http://www.mersenne.org/download/index.php

What is the temperature of you Nvidia GPU, and Intel GPU when running the burnin test of Furmark on each GPU?

http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

sasuke256
05-23-2014, 12:27 PM
why on both gpus, the nvidia should be stressed while the igpu should "sleep". It's more "real case" like that isnt it ?

hmscott
05-23-2014, 12:47 PM
why on both gpus, the nvidia should be stressed while the igpu should "sleep". It's more "real case" like that isnt it ?

sasuke256, 2 runs, 1 on each GPU, what is the temperature of the Intel GPU - which is really the CPU temperature, and what is the Nvidia GPU temperature - each on their respective run.

HomieOC, you will need to tweak the GPU settings through Nvidia control panel / right click on application icon, whichever is easiest for you. Make sure the switch takes :)

qiliangpei
05-24-2014, 11:18 AM
Hi, anyone konws any clue to do with the stopping boot problem? it just stops at the rog logo screen after two or three rounds of the loading dots, then the dots just stuck and the HD indicator is off.

I have upgraded geforce driver but cannot upgrade the intel one. the bios is upgraded to 206 already.

it is G750JM running windows 8.1 with all updates to date. every time I must remove battery for maybe 1 minute then it can start windows.

please help.

BMWodarski
05-24-2014, 01:46 PM
I recently got the G750JM-DS71 and I dropped the Samsung Evo 500gb ssd in to the extra drive bay. I did install the Samsung Magician software and enabled the RAPID tech. I was super impressed with the speed. Did a benchmark on it here's the screen shot of the output. http://imgur.com/sERSxPU

Bgallodoro24
05-24-2014, 02:06 PM
Well as of now my computer is sitting about 80 miles away in jackson, ms.expected delivery isnt till wednesday. Im assuming its because of memorial day. Almost want to drive and go get it lol.

SSD and mouse should be here the same day as well.

hmscott
05-25-2014, 03:55 AM
I recently got the G750JM-DS71 and I dropped the Samsung Evo 500gb ssd in to the extra drive bay. I did install the Samsung Magician software and enabled the RAPID tech. I was super impressed with the speed. Did a benchmark on it here's the screen shot of the output. http://imgur.com/sERSxPU

BMWodarski, while the RAPID numbers are fun, they are really puffery that you can't depend on, as they are cache - memory cache - that varies in it's applicability.

You want to get a real benchmark against the straight performance, that is the real throughput you can expect - as it writes through the cache or reads from the media directly - when a cache hit fails.

Actually RAPID can reduce actual performance when you are failing out of the cache before going to the media, you have to test with your real apps - not benchmarks.

It is good marketing for Samsung, and in some cases it can help, but so does file caching in Windows - which comes for free - and RAPID is shadowing to show off "performance".

Please run again without RAPID enabled - reboot in between - then post those results.

Bgallodoro24
05-28-2014, 02:49 PM
Alright guys so i got ma comp yesterday and installed ssd using backtracker. Everything worked fine. Now i want to know how to delete partions on hdd to free up space.

Bgallodoro24
05-28-2014, 03:05 PM
Also why is my connection showing 100mbps but when i download from say steam its like 1mbps?

hmscott
05-28-2014, 10:59 PM
Also why is my connection showing 100mbps but when i download from say steam its like 1mbps?

Connection speed is the bandwidth capacity of the connection, your actual throughput is limited by your internet connection speed to the outside world, and the speed / load capability of the downloading site.

What router make/model do you have, and what is the hardware make/model of the wifi card in your G750?

BMWodarski
05-29-2014, 09:09 PM
Please run again without RAPID enabled - reboot in between - then post those results.

Here's the link to the results with RAPID disabled. http://imgur.com/bEJTmD9

and for reference the results with RAPID enabled http://imgur.com/sERSxPU

I do realize that's it's simply a cache and not a very large one. But it seems to work. For free pack in software that's usually trash I actually appricate this one and I do notice a difference. Not so much for reading but writing. It's rare that I write more than 2GB at a time to the system I don't plan on using this to create renders.

I also do realize that synthetic benchmarks do not equal real world use. It's a lot of ePeen games that I like to "play" like 3dmark :) but I use benchmarking for ball park figures as far as what I can expect in a real world situation which is what I believe they are intended for.

BMWodarski
05-29-2014, 09:13 PM

Cause it's megabits vs megabytes one byte equals eight bits. Usually connection rates such as the ones in your computer and the ones reported to you by speedtest.net or your ISP are going to be shown in bits so that they appear to be REALLY BIG NUMBERS to the consumer. Where as in an actual application it's going to show in bytes cause it's kinda silly to measure in bits. You wouldn't say you have an eight terrabit drive you'd say you have a 1 terrabyte drive. Even though in all actually they mean the same thing.

sasuke256
05-29-2014, 11:01 PM
Well 100Mbps is your network connection speed not your internet speed :) A DSL line speed is more like 8 Mbps and you have to correctly install your router and so on to garantee a maximum speed !

hmscott
05-30-2014, 12:13 AM
Here's the link to the results with RAPID disabled. http://imgur.com/bEJTmD9

and for reference the results with RAPID enabled http://imgur.com/sERSxPU

I do realize that's it's simply a cache and not a very large one. But it seems to work. For free pack in software that's usually trash I actually appricate this one and I do notice a difference. Not so much for reading but writing. It's rare that I write more than 2GB at a time to the system I don't plan on using this to create renders.

I also do realize that synthetic benchmarks do not equal real world use. It's a lot of ePeen games that I like to "play" like 3dmark :) but I use benchmarking for ball park figures as far as what I can expect in a real world situation which is what I believe they are intended for.

BMWodarski, thanks for posting both, raw and RAPID cache enhanced, it is nice to see both to know what the actual hardware is doing, as well as the software :)

Samsung hasn't included software like RAPID before, and the only reason I can think that they did this time is that the Evo's are a little slower than their last SSD drives, while being lots more affordable, being slower isn't the impression they want to leave in the minds of consumers.

I am thinking Samsung thought they might get backlash for the slower speed, so they put out RAPID to help with the speed perception of the new Evo's.

RAPID can't help with real performance, over what Windows caching is already doing, so it really isn't something that should be recognized - it is just there to make the SSD's look better in benchmarks - it causes owners to post the RAPID results instead of the real raw throughput - perception problem solved :)

I can't run RAPID on the JH, the Intel hardware RAID0 somehow upsets Samsung's Magician software, so even though it sees the 840 Pro 512, it doesn't allow RAPID to be enabled on it.

So I can't post both for comparison, here is the raw throughput with AS SSD