PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody solve the G750 "Cracking" audio problem?

theclaw37
05-26-2014, 03:03 PM
As you are probably familiar, this issue occurs randomly (sometimes not at all), and while audio is playing, every once in 5 seconds or so, the subwoofer (i think) crackles discreetly (not that loud, but loud enough to be annoying). I haven't been able to find a permanent fix.
It appears the problem is in MaxxAudio. If i turn it off in the panel, the crackling stops, but the audio is much worse on the laptop speakers. Headphones seem to be much less affected by the enhancements of the MaxxAudio app.
Any solutions? Thanks.

DirtySecrets
05-26-2014, 03:44 PM
Does this happen only on battery?

theclaw37
05-26-2014, 04:27 PM
No. It happens randomly regardless of it being on battery or on AC.

altermind
05-27-2014, 12:34 PM
I've got this problem also...

tried all the normal fixing procedures...

really irritating... makes me want to get a usb soundcard

theclaw37
05-27-2014, 02:11 PM
From my rather blurry electronics knowledge, it sounds like an issue with the low-pass filter that handles the subwoofer. It probably also lets frequencies that are too low for the sub to handle. This is just a thought...

KoolASUS
05-27-2014, 04:08 PM
No cracking here.
Using G750JH, Win 8.0, Realtek 7095 drivers (from Asus website). as a matter of fact, these drivers fixed the "crack" that occured the first time after boot a sound was played.
MaxxAudio works fine, with ROG skin.

HomieOC
05-27-2014, 08:57 PM
go here http://www.service.asus.com/#!downloads/c1wax

where it says to enter model number.... just enter "audio" and hit search... then the top left audio one is the one you click then you choose your operating system click and expand audio button. latest realtek driver is Version V6.0.1.7224

robocopmitico
05-31-2014, 07:12 AM
I've just bougth an Asus rog g750M. I have the same audio problem. I tried to update the realtek driver but it didnt make any difference. Have y tried
another thing?

hmscott
05-31-2014, 07:50 AM
go here http://www.service.asus.com/#!downloads/c1wax

where it says to enter model number.... just enter "audio" and hit search... then the top left audio one is the one you click then you choose your operating system click and expand audio button. latest realtek driver is Version V6.0.1.7224

Here is the Notebook Audio download area, and there is a newer Windows 8.1 Realtek driver Version V6.0.1.7231:
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Audio&os=30

theclaw37
06-03-2014, 10:43 PM
I don't know if it's pure luck, but that last audio driver actually kinda solved this cracking problem. I hope this lasts :)

Naren94
08-21-2014, 10:31 PM
i bought an asus g56 3 months back and the audio drivers are up to date but there's a crackle in my speaker when the volume is high. its damn bloody depressing. since i bought it for quite a high price

hmscott
08-21-2014, 10:39 PM
i bought an asus g56 3 months back and the audio drivers are up to date but there's a crackle in my speaker when the volume is high. its damn bloody depressing. since i bought it for quite a high price

Naren94, does your G56 come with the external subwoofer? Did you accidentally click the "Full Range" option for your internal speakers in the Configure section of the Sound Manager Playback for your Speakers? You want to keep the Full Range option unchecked if you are using your external subwoofer.

Did you try to find out at what frequency the over-driven Audio is occurring? You could use MaxAudio Equilizer tuning to reduce the frequency range that your G56 is resonating at at high volumes.

And, if it is your subwoofer bottoming out, you can reduce the Level to the Subwoofer, while keeping the Level for the main speakers high.