PDA

View Full Version : Win 8 is ok ...Win 8.1 sucks!

hozer
05-27-2014, 09:44 PM
Win 8 is ok ...Win 8.1 sucks half my stuff won't run 8.1 IE: Battlefield 3 and some of my grafix programs don't work even in compat. Mode

Went back to winwows 8. Eveything works on win 8. Win 8.1 sucks!

To The Idiot Moderator that changed my Title of my post!

Stop adding to my posts! PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

It was not a question!!!! ITS A FACT!!!! I did not write:

Win 8 is ok ...Win 8.1 sucks for games/programs?

I wrote

"Win 8 is ok ...Win 8.1 sucks!

Exaulted93
05-27-2014, 11:35 PM
Guessing its changed because your stating an opinion like its a fact. I run Windows 8.1 on my laptop with no problems. It works, be nice. :)

pokerface
05-28-2014, 04:30 AM
8.1 sucks if you upgrade from 8 with registry errors here and there, all driver remnants. a clean Windows 8.1 install is fine although I personally hate anything related to that cloud based OS. I love Windows 7

Ricky
05-28-2014, 04:38 AM
I got G750JS with Win 8.1 an everything is alright, install the latest driver.

cl-Albert
05-28-2014, 04:33 PM
Win 8 is ok ...Win 8.1 sucks half my stuff won't run 8.1 IE: Battlefield 3 and some of my grafix programs don't work even in compat. Mode

Went back to winwows 8. Eveything works on win 8. Win 8.1 sucks!

To The Idiot Moderator that changed my Title of my post!

Stop adding to my posts! PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

It was not a question!!!! ITS A FACT!!!! I did not write:

Win 8 is ok ...Win 8.1 sucks for games/programs?

I wrote

"Win 8 is ok ...Win 8.1 sucks!

Hi Hozer,

Sorry, I'm the idiot moderator that edited your title (I always try to stay away from editing posts though), but didn't do it to aggravate you or make you mad. I probably should have asked first, but didn't expect it would cause problems....

Anyway, if anybody cares, one ROG member posted/complained before about the vague titles used, so just wanted to help other members get a better idea if this is a thread they want to spend time reading and contribute to (with hopefully some solutions?), etc.

It should also help those searching for older posts with similar issues, so hope you can forgive me for trying to do that.

======

Since we're on the subject though, consider checking with the software manufacturers too if you haven't already, to see if they are aware of the issues with Win8.1 and have any updates available or coming out, etc.

If you want to provide more details about the programs and problems you're running into, hopefully others may have some ideas about solving them too (and if you can forgive me for saying this, consider posting a new separate thread with each game/program in the title to interest/attract those who may either be seeing the same problem or know of a solution)?

Hope this helps, but feel free to ignore me if it doesn't.