PDA

View Full Version : G750JH Sound Quality ?

mijingakure
05-29-2014, 02:09 AM
Hello, currently have G75VX at the moment, didnt like the crap sound quality of this laptop, and the screen flickering, so I am wondering how is the sound quality of G750JH, do they have a better sound card and speakers/subs ? and how about the screen on the G750JH, do they still flicks ?

Thanks

hmscott
05-29-2014, 02:18 AM
Hello, currently have G75VX at the moment, didnt like the crap sound quality of this laptop, and the screen flickering, so I am wondering how is the sound quality of G750JH, do they have a better sound card and speakers/subs ? and how about the screen on the G750JH, do they still flicks ?
Thanks

mijingakure, does your G75VX have a Chi Mei screen? They flicker at refresh settings up to 85hz, you can set a Custom Resolution / Refresh in the Nvidia Control panel.

I set my G750JW/JX's that had Chi Mei screens to 100hz, and no flicker :)

My G750JH has an AUO screen, which doesn't exhibit flicker at 60hz, but only supports a max of 70hz refresh, which runs great.

Sound is not going to be great on most laptops, due to the small area for sound generation, but I think the G750JH sounds, "ok" - the sub works, and the AudioWizard sound shaping software can be set to give good sound - I keep loudness enabled too.

About 50% of the time I use my headphones - BT Sony MDR-10RBT or Sennheiser RS-220's fed by the G750 combo Optical out / headphone jack, but when I need the speakers, I don't feel disappointed :)

Caustic
05-29-2014, 02:51 PM
The audio on the G750 series is a bit lackluster - considering it is one of the strongly advertised features. I was also unimpressed with the included Waves MaxxAudio enhancements. They sound really "tinny".

For the pricepoint, and advertised features, I was expecting more.

Either way, I am very underwhelmed with the audio quality out of the stock speakers. I went so far as to purchase Creative's X-Fi, but it doesn't seem to work with this laptop's subwoofer. Granted, the audio through the headphones is greatly improved.

Caustic
05-29-2014, 03:13 PM
Also, I've been looking - I can't find any specs or documentation on the ALC3229 that comes with the G750 on Realtek's website. My old sammy laptop had the ALC269.