PDA

View Full Version : G56jr - Sleep mode - sometimes doesn't work

xdon82
05-30-2014, 07:37 AM
I don't know where is the problem

Windows 8.1 all drivers from Asus site installed, including PowerHybrid

and sometimes sleep mode [when computer is left] doesn't work and despite of which programs run. it sometimes happen even after restart .

Have you noticed such problem?

Prostar Computer
05-30-2014, 09:15 PM
It might be Power4Gear software that's the problem. Have you tested with P4G removed?

Thestroj
05-31-2014, 10:40 AM
Maybe you have a program who is not letting your laptop to go to sleep mode... Might be a good idea to check?
Do you have this problem from day 1?

xdon82
07-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Yes I have this problem from the beginning .... there is a lot of bugs in drivers..when I removed some of the asus drivers, then FPS increased in many games

also I installed the same applications as in my previous laptop [Toshiba] and there was no problem with sleep mode

Maxter
07-01-2014, 11:00 PM
Aside from P4G, which uses some info from the windows power management, have you gone one-by-one through the windows power management options making sure that the sleep mode is set up?

xdon82
07-02-2014, 02:05 AM
sleep mode works when I change time to 2 minutes...but when change to 25 doesnt....

xdon82
07-04-2014, 11:45 AM
OK solved. I changed the option about blocking going to sleep while any video is played [now is off] The problem is, that it didn't work after fresh start of windows [no multimedia played]

hmscott
07-04-2014, 12:32 PM
OK solved. I changed the option about blocking going to sleep while any video is played [no is off] The problem is, that it didn't work after fresh start of windows [no multimedia played]

xdon82, where is that setting? Can you post a snippet image to make it clear?

xdon82
07-04-2014, 12:47 PM
I have system in polish... :) it wont help you... ok
in the Power options - advanced - you have Battery option at the end of the list. The one above is multimedia settings...and there is one of the 2 options I wrote about

btw perhaps paused video, or any instance of flash animation in the web browser also can block going into sleep? or some windows 8.1 modern application? I don't know. Since I'v changed it now it's ok... but I wonder how it would be when I connect my laptop to my hifi receiver [home cinema] in order t watch some movies ;)

hmscott
07-04-2014, 12:55 PM
I have system in polish... :) it wont help you... ok
in the Power options - advanced - you have Battery option at the end of the list. The one above is multimedia settings...and there is one of the 2 options I wrote about

btw perhaps paused video, or any instance of flash animation in the web browser also can block going into sleep? or some windows 8.1 modern application? I don't know. Since I'v changed it now it's ok... but I wonder how it would be when I connect my laptop to my hifi receiver [home cinema] in order t watch some movies ;)

xdon82, I am glad your English is better than my Polish :)

This setting?

xdon82
07-04-2014, 04:01 PM
oh sharing.... not playing... yes. I completly do not know which media i'm sharing, that my laptop do not want to go to sleep ;) perhaps he is amfetamine abuser :P

xdon82
07-05-2014, 08:02 AM
Today my laptop didn't go into sleep mode again :) Sometimes I do something on my laptop in the bed ..and suddenly I dropped off ..but my laptop didnt :) I don't know . Only Facebook was opened in the browser. I used to do it the same on my old toshiba and there was no problem.
It's nothing major, but strange ... I will see more ZEROS on electric bill ;) just kidding