PDA

View Full Version : Poor performance on watch dogs

terrybear2k
06-02-2014, 05:10 AM
recently loaded up watch dogs and the performance is really poor on gt760m, cant even run med settings on 1080p.
i had to lower the res to 1366x768 to get decent textures and effects. probably driver is not updated i guess. seriously need update on the drivers to get better fps in game. too bad even in http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/ the driver is still kinda old before its watch dog optimized. why the heck they lock the driver up that we cant use official drivers?

abvolt
06-02-2014, 05:17 AM
many people are having issues with the game I've not found a fix yet it will only come after ubisoft patches the game..

HomieOC
06-02-2014, 06:13 AM
i Have a 880M run on complete max 1080p and it stutters here and there.. game is horribly optimized. I mean... look at BF4 it runs perfect at max but looks alot better then watch dogs.

senttel
06-02-2014, 08:35 AM
Guys did you update your nvidia gpu drivers to the latest 337.88? I am running watch dogs on my G750JW with gtx 765m on 1080p medium graphics on a decent 45-60 fps. With motion blur on. Be sure to update the driver it really boosts up the performance of your nvidia GPU in watch dogs.

terrybear2k
06-02-2014, 09:33 AM
Guys did you update your nvidia gpu drivers to the latest 337.88? I am running watch dogs on my G750JW with gtx 765m on 1080p medium graphics on a decent 45-60 fps. With motion blur on. Be sure to update the driver it really boosts up the performance of your nvidia GPU in watch dogs.

the problem is there are no updates for g56jr on asus website....

hmscott
06-02-2014, 09:46 AM
recently loaded up watch dogs and the performance is really poor on gt760m, cant even run med settings on 1080p.
i had to lower the res to 1366x768 to get decent textures and effects. probably driver is not updated i guess. seriously need update on the drivers to get better fps in game. too bad even in http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/ the driver is still kinda old before its watch dog optimized. why the heck they lock the driver up that we cant use official drivers?

Watch Dogs PC performance patch planned to reduce lag and stuttering issues
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/05/30/watch-dogs-pc-performance-patch-planned-to-reduce-lag-and-stuttering-issues/

" It can be hard to gauge exactly how prevalent a problem can be, but enough are experiencing lag and stuttering issues that Sebastien Viard, the game's graphics technical director, issued a series of tweets explaining the problem and committing to an upcoming performance patch."

Watch Dogs PC Stutter/Lag Issue Fix: "Lower Texture Quality, AA, Resolution Setting" says Ubisoft
http://www.gamepur.com/news/14850-watch-dogs-pc-stutterlag-issue-fix-lower-texture-quality-aa-resolution-sett.html

Sebastein Viard stated that Watch Dogs on Playstation 4 and Xbox One use 3GB Plus of RAM memory for graphics/visuals and added that since there's lack of unified memory in PC, Watch Dogs suffers random stutter and other graphical issues.

Sebastein further advice PC gamers experiencing lag/stutter in Watch Dogs to lower down "Texture Quality, AA, Resolution" to reduce GPU VRAM usage.
Here is what the tweets from Sebastein reads: "Watch Dogs can use 3+ GB of RAM on NG consoles for graphics, your PC GPU needs enough VRAM for ultra options due to the lack of unified mem"

If you experience lag/stutter on a fast PC, try to lower one of those settings to reduce the GPU VRAM usage: texture quality, AA, resolution

Making an open world run on NG & CG consoles + supporting PC is an incredibly complex task, the team did a fantastic job. Congrats guys!"

Lastly, Sebastein confirmed that development are working on a patch to fix these configuration issues on PC.

"And finally, our PC progs are also currently working on a patch to improve your experience thanks to your reports, stay tuned :) #WatchDogs"

To run Watch Dogs at Ultra Setting on PC, the minimum requirement of VRAM is 3GB. If you have less than that be prepare to experience random Lag/Stutter issue. The only way to fix the issue, lower the texture quality, AA and resolution as revealed by Sebastein above.

senttel
06-02-2014, 10:18 AM
You should try using "geforce experience software" it automatically checks for available updates from nvidia for your GPU. Otherwise you can go to http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk and filter down latest drivers according to your GPU. I just checked there is 337.88 driver for 760m GPU.

HomieOC
06-02-2014, 12:27 PM
You should try using "geforce experience software" it automatically checks for available updates from nvidia for your GPU. Otherwise you can go to http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk and filter down latest drivers according to your GPU. I just checked there is 337.88 driver for 760m GPU.

I have latest drivers, and it still stutters here and there

terrybear2k
06-02-2014, 12:32 PM

geforce experience is automaticallly set to low on 1080p, can get med on 1366x768 with decent frame rate. the official drivers from nvidia doesn't work on this laptop, and i cant get the modded drivers from http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/ to work too

senttel
06-02-2014, 01:21 PM
geforce experience is automaticallly set to low on 1080p, can get med on 1366x768 with decent frame rate. the official drivers from nvidia doesn't work on this laptop, and i cant get the modded drivers from http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/ to work too

What FPS do you get with 1080p? I mean 760m is not the best GPU so you shouldn't expect miracles from it, if you get decent fps on 1080p with low settings I think that is the best you can get out of your GPU. As you said, if you want better graphics with a good FPS go lower on the resolution.

senttel
06-02-2014, 01:26 PM

What value do you have under Display>Textures field (there are three - medium, high and ultra) If it is on ultra set it to high as it will greatly improve your FPS, by the way this setting can only be amended while not in game, only in the main menu, so be sure to check it. I know few guys who has 880m and had low fps while Display>Textures was on ultra but once changed to high FPS increased by +30-50%. Let us know if this helped!

senttel
06-02-2014, 01:27 PM

What value do you have under Display>Textures field (there are three - medium, high and ultra) If it is on ultra set it to high as it will greatly improve your FPS, by the way this setting can only be amended while not in game, only in the main menu, so be sure to check it. I know few guys who has 880m and had low fps while Display>Textures was on ultra but once changed to high FPS increased by +30-50%. Let us know if this helped!

HomieOC
06-02-2014, 06:38 PM

I have it on ultra i dont wanna move it to high ): i beat the game anyways slol

terrybear2k
06-03-2014, 08:53 AM
What FPS do you get with 1080p? I mean 760m is not the best GPU so you shouldn't expect miracles from it, if you get decent fps on 1080p with low settings I think that is the best you can get out of your GPU. As you said, if you want better graphics with a good FPS go lower on the resolution.

yea i had to do 1366x768 to get medium settings with better texture quality. occasional stutters here and there for no apparent reason tho. according to some infos i found it was the resolution which causes the minor stutter? wen in game res and desktop res doesn't match there will be memory leaks in windows 8, which wen it gets worst u'll be booted to desktop with "low memory" error.

anyway i've finally updated the modded drivers to 337.88, which nvidia and ubi claimed to hav been optimized for watch dogs. gonna test it later wen i get home

terrybear2k
06-03-2014, 08:55 AM

by default geforce experience set it to med on 1080p. even on 1366x768 it's still stays on med. only at 1080p textures med and the rest low or off. on 768p i cant get mostly medium