PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have problems with G750JM subwoofer disconnecting from the board?

Indirect
06-02-2014, 08:24 AM
I have a minor problem with my 9 on my keyboard not responding and not being "clicky" as well as my subwoofer constantly disconnecting. Should I just return it and get a new one or is the 8GB RAM model not worth keeping?

HomieOC
06-02-2014, 08:31 AM
Return it for another one

lmarzetti
06-13-2014, 02:54 PM
Hi I'm having the same problem with my G750JM. Did you solve the sub-woofer problem?

Prostar Computer
06-13-2014, 10:39 PM
The only way to check the connection on the sub would be to open the case and risk the warranty. It's best if you either exchange it with the seller while it's within the return period, or send it in for service.

lmarzetti
06-24-2014, 10:14 PM
I think opening the case would be my only option since I bought this laptop in US but I live in Argentina, so loosing the warranty is not a big deal. Is there any guide to open the case over there?

a4arfa
09-06-2014, 11:53 AM
I bought this Asus G750JM on 23rd August 2014 and used for a day realising that it had a fault subwoofer which disconnects again and again. I got it replaced today (6th September 2014) and found that the new unit has the same problem! What are you doing #ASUS ? I don't need this anymore! I want my money back and I'd rather go for an Alienware now!

hmscott
09-07-2014, 03:48 AM
I bought this Asus G750JM on 23rd August 2014 and used for a day realising that it had a fault subwoofer which disconnects again and again. I got it replaced today (6th September 2014) and found that the new unit has the same problem! What are you doing #ASUS ? I don't need this anymore! I want my money back and I'd rather go for an Alienware now!

a4arfa, if you are getting the same effect after sub replacement service, then it is likely the source material output level overdriving the sub - and it is bottoming out - hitting full excursion - and that is what you are interpreting as disconnecting from the board. Others interpret it as cutting in and out.

Try setting the Subwoofer Level down to 50% from 100%, and the MaxxAudio far left Equalizer slider down, and see if the problem stops.

Those tiny subs don't have enough physical space for the full several cm a real sub would have for the woofer travel, so you need to compensate for that and reduce the Level to something under the point of lock up at one end or the other of the full excursion.

I run my Subwoofer at 65, have Loudnees and Bass enhancement enabled, but I don't turn up the volume past 50 very often, and usually listen at 25-30.

A laptop sub and speakers can give you full sound a low listening levels (in comparison to 90-100), it isn't a boom box :)

If you want high volume, room filling sound, run the output of the Toslink Optical into your Home Theater / Stereo Receiver/Pre-amp/DAC and use the main system for rocking sound.

See if dropping the Sub level fixes it.

Then, when you have the Level up as high as it will go without bottoming out, 65-75, try listening again with the Sub at 0 - you will see if helps tremendously to fill in the sound, but it has it's practical physical limits.

It's better than no sub at all :)

a4arfa
09-10-2014, 07:08 AM
That helped but I'm sorry to tell this, if I've paid some hefty amount of cash then I want the quality product too. Yesterday, a guy from service center had come and he accepted the fault. I told him I don't want this issue in the next device (3rd replacement) or I want the G750JX and I won't pay anything more. 20 days has passed and I've not got use it at all. If that doesn't works, I want my money back!

hmscott
09-10-2014, 02:31 PM
That helped but I'm sorry to tell this, if I've paid some hefty amount of cash then I want the quality product too. Yesterday, a guy from service center had come and he accepted the fault. I told him I don't want this issue in the next device (3rd replacement) or I want the G750JX and I won't pay anything more. 20 days has passed and I've not got use it at all. If that doesn't works, I want my money back!

a4arfa, the JX has the same Sub, although I suppose it might be a different part in the JM since it is a newer release. But, so far most have said tuning the sub works to stop the bottoming out.

So you are saying you couldn't tune out the problem? It is a physical disconnect that for some reason has taken several service calls to figure out and fix?

The JM model has the BSOD problem with new Nvidia drivers, that would seem to be a more serious failure... have you had these BSOD's while playing games?

You might have a better chance asking for a return to upgrade to the JS/JZ, as those are current models.

Are you working with the seller/vender for the service calls, or Asus?

Please come back and let us know how they treat you and your problem.

a4arfa
09-19-2014, 02:54 PM
Till date I've been ringing the service center and they were just delaying me by saying "Your unit is under process" and finally today I got a call that your DOA letter (replacement) is dispatched and will be delivered to you by tomorrow most probably. They also told me that if I want it to be replaced or want the money back, choice is mine so I'll prefer taking my money back. Honestly, I never thought this would happen and I liked the performance of it though.

It doesn't means I should start hating ASUS. It's not responsible for it, may be the current lot of G750JM was faulty. I'll wait until they launch G750JZ here in India and if not then I have no other choice than Alienware 17.

Thanks to you, The ROG GURU, hmscott!

hmscott
09-19-2014, 03:02 PM
Till date I've been ringing the service center and they were just delaying me by saying "Your unit is under process" and finally today I got a call that your DOA letter (replacement) is dispatched and will be delivered to you by tomorrow most probably. They also told me that if I want it to be replaced or want the money back, choice is mine so I'll prefer taking my money back. Honestly, I never thought this would happen and I liked the performance of it though.

It doesn't means I should start hating ASUS. It's not responsible for it, may be the current lot of G750JM was faulty. I'll wait until they launch G750JZ here in India and if not then I have no other choice than Alienware 17.

Thanks to you, The ROG GURU, hmscott!

a4arfa, that's good news!

Also, a good attitude about the failure. Asus wants you to be happy :)

Some are reporting that the new Nvidia 344.11 driver is working with no BSOD on the JM, but it was just released yesterday, so a few more days of testing before we know if it is a final fix, or just better.

Alienware has lots of postings by users of repeated service issues, more on the 18" right now than the 17", but Dell keeps servicing them.

Whatever you get it is always good to get as long of a support Warranty from the manufacturer as available. 2 years minimum - 3 or more if you can as with Dell.

I hope your laptop comes back all nice and working 100% :)

Sundisc
05-27-2015, 07:53 AM
My R750JM does drop out the bass if the ROG Audio Wizard is set at maxxbass over 50%. These are small speakers and cannot hope to blast real bass levels. A good setup of the EQ is to cut the 31HZ to 0 and listen at laptop levels. IMHO.