PDA

View Full Version : G750JM Driver Power State Failure

Ace0751
06-02-2014, 08:07 PM
Has anyone gotten this error message? This has been happening recently to my new G750JM. I think I know what the problem is though. I have my OS on the SSD and everything else on the 1TB HDD. I think the HDD is going and needs replaced very soon, am I correct?

hmscott
06-03-2014, 08:42 AM
Has anyone gotten this error message? This has been happening recently to my new G750JM. I think I know what the problem is though. I have my OS on the SSD and everything else on the 1TB HDD. I think the HDD is going and needs replaced very soon, am I correct?

Do you have the HDD in the laptop, or in a external USB enclosure?

The good news is it is probably not a dieing drive...

The bad news is there are lots of people seeing this error on other hardware, and after 10 minutes of reading, not a single fix solved any of them...

https://www.google.com/search?q=windows+8.1+Driver+Power+State+Failure&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

If you come across a fix that solves the problem for you, please post it back here :)

Gryzor
06-17-2014, 12:07 PM
Hi! I got my G750JM on June 11th. I also get the error and still have no real solution. The ASUS Support only meant, that i should send the Laptop in .... no way! I will not send my new 1400.- Euro Laptop by mail across europe when it is just 3 days old ... Currently it seems to be stable, as i installed the latest nvidia Drivers which can be found on the ASUS Support site! With the newest nvidia Drivers from the nvidia page, the error returned immediately! Maybe it is a Driver Problem of nvidia ... :(

bscenteno
06-28-2014, 12:09 AM
My G750JM won't even boot!! Got mine from amazon June 10, 2014! This is very frustrating.

Ace0751
06-28-2014, 02:16 AM
What's happening when you turn it on?

MarxSoul55
07-13-2014, 03:14 AM
I may have found a solution. Go to Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Power Options>Choose what the power buttons do

Then, simply uncheck "Turn off fast startup"

If it's greyed out, click "Change settings that are currently unavailable"

I tried it and so far it works; let me know if it helps!

Ace0751
07-13-2014, 03:25 AM
Actually after some updates haven't had that error message since.

MarxSoul55
07-17-2014, 06:54 PM
UPDATE: The fix I mentioned before doesn't work. Sorry guys.

xjovex
07-18-2014, 07:56 AM
I've seen this pop up many times on this forum, the cause is Nvidia's latest graphic card drivers. The current one is 337.88, This driver is the cause to your G750 JM Driver Power State Failure. While I had this installed I probably got 2 to 3 BSOD a day. I doubt if that did any good for the system itself and I didn't want to lose things I was working on. As of now my current fix is to go to the asus software download page, and download version
VGA_nVidia_Win81_64_VER918133260 - I've had this laptop for 2 months now, and have been running Version V9.18.13.3260 . Its stable and I haven't seen any Power state failures. If you plan on installing this version, you must download it, and select CLEAN INSTALL., or custom install, and cant remember off hand. this version is 1 down from the newest driver. It was released on 2014.03.05 . The current driver is from 2014.07.04. Anyway, If anyone talks to asus or what not please let them know this info, also please let us know if you have heard anything about a fix coming from them! Hopefully a new NVidia driver will come out soon!
-Nick

MonkeyBlues
08-05-2014, 05:46 AM
xjovex : thanks for insight, will try this out. and to save anyone the hassle of finding the said video driver, here's direct link - http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/VGA/VGA_nVidia_Win81_64_VER918133260.zip

warpkid
08-05-2014, 03:00 PM
Can confirm I had this issue multiple times on same laptop using the latest nvidia drivers. Rolled back to the ones provided by Asus and haven't seen the issue again.

Thanks guys

EDIT - Why do I have an Asus VIP badge on my profile? :)

Kaƫlcasos
08-06-2014, 11:30 AM
Problem solved for me having downloaded and installed, in the following order:
1. Chipset
Intel INF Update Driver - Version V9.3.0.1027

2.Driver Nvidia corresponding to the graphics chip.

This is the solution to the asus support and for the moment I do not have blue screen.
Hoping that it will help someone.

selfmade00
08-06-2014, 09:00 PM
xjovex I love you! haha. Downgrading nvidia worked for me. I had been searching this issue for weeks and finally found your post. Hope there is a fix for this soon though.

_
08-13-2014, 03:38 AM
Thank you everyone who has provided mini-dumps of BSODs so far. However Nvidia have requested our users provide a full stack dump, not mini dump, in order to accurately identify the issue. Users can PM me direct with links to full dumps then I can pass on to Nvidia R&D. Please note I only want PMs until 22nd August, please don't provide beyond this date (otherwise I'll get people sending me stuff for months!).

Siddyus
08-14-2014, 08:15 AM
I feel like my computer would die soon. I checked my reliability history and it seems I've been crashing on average 1-2 times a day. Not just BSODs but so far i've gotten 2 total system hang ups and I needed to force my comp to shut down. I have yet to downgrade to the Version V9.18.13.3260 vga driver though. I have a massive memory.dmp file at 650mb or so. Not sure if that would be of much help. But if it will just let me know and ill upload it.

Drinkbeer87
08-30-2014, 05:38 PM
Really glad I found this thread. Was getting pretty discouraged about getting this error pretty much everytime I would play WoW and close the program and within a few mins I would get the Bsod. Gonna try this when I get home. Fingers crossed hoping for the best since ive only had it for 2 days.

Jaitsu
08-31-2014, 02:06 AM
Yeah, to anyone with a G750JM having the issue, I can guarantee that switching to the 332.60 driver will solve the BSODs, just... at the cost of a decent chunk of performance. However, ASUS and Nvidia are now aware, and as far as I know Nvidia now have everything they need to look into the issue and hopefully resolve it. With any luck (I wouldn't cross my fingers...) the next major Nvidia driver will solve this and all will be well.

BenF2409
08-31-2014, 08:25 PM
Yeah, to anyone with a G750JM having the issue, I can guarantee that switching to the 332.60 driver will solve the BSODs, just... at the cost of a decent chunk of performance. However, ASUS and Nvidia are now aware, and as far as I know Nvidia now have everything they need to look into the issue and hopefully resolve it. With any luck (I wouldn't cross my fingers...) the next major Nvidia driver will solve this and all will be well.

332.60 driver did fix mine...for a time. Now I get BSODs when my laptop is in sleep mode...

FalconFX
08-31-2014, 08:49 PM
I have a JH, im using the stock driver which is 311.93, if anyone wants to give it a shot :)

EDIT: Its version number on Asus supprt site is Version V9.18.13.1193

swaaye
09-01-2014, 05:16 AM
I installed Win7 as an experiment. I've been running the 340.52 drivers for over a week now without any BSOD. I am starting to think there was something about my Windows 8.1 install that was causing the power state BSOD. Perhaps Windows 8.1 itself, or maybe some driver that I was using with it...

Jaitsu
09-01-2014, 06:20 AM
I installed Win7 as an experiment. I've been running the 340.52 drivers for over a week now without any BSOD. I am starting to think there was something about my Windows 8.1 install that was causing the power state BSOD. Perhaps Windows 8.1 itself, or maybe some driver that I was using with it...

...You're kidding. Man, I thought about going to Windows 7 but after I managed to beat Windows 8 into acting the way I wanted, I figured it wasn't worth it seeing as they're effectively the same kernel. I wouldn't think 7 would be immune to anything 8 isn't. But keep us posted... If Nvidia/ASUS haven't fixed the issue within another month or so and the issue doesn't return for you, I might just do the same.

swaaye
09-09-2014, 01:31 AM
So far Win7 has been problem free.

BlueBull
09-10-2014, 12:53 AM
332.60 driver did fix mine...for a time. Now I get BSODs when my laptop is in sleep mode...
I have the exact same issue with my laptop. Now a week old and it has already been swapped at the store for a new one, because the first one had the same problem. It only crashes when awaking from sleep. I'm thinking of trying the suggestion of installing windows 7 but I'd rather wait a while to see if a patch or fix is found. Installing only Asus drivers did not solve it

swaaye
09-10-2014, 05:14 PM
I have the exact same issue with my laptop. Now a week old and it has already been swapped at the store for a new one, because the first one had the same problem. It only crashes when awaking from sleep. I'm thinking of trying the suggestion of installing windows 7 but I'd rather wait a while to see if a patch or fix is found. Installing only Asus drivers did not solve it

Is it specifically the "driver power state" BSOD? The only solutions for that at the moment are NVIDIA driver 332.60 from the ASUS download page, or running Windows 7.

qiliangpei
09-19-2014, 01:12 PM
crash when awaking from sleep seems to be another problem. I am not sure if it is a "crash" or only a stop/stuck somewhere. And it doesn't happen every time. Really annoying but have not found a solution.

BenF2409
09-19-2014, 07:32 PM
crash when awaking from sleep seems to be another problem. I am not sure if it is a "crash" or only a stop/stuck somewhere. And it doesn't happen every time. Really annoying but have not found a solution.

I also get this, even though I'm on 336.20 from ASUS website.

swaaye
09-22-2014, 03:50 AM
I discovered that Logmein Hamachi causes BSODs on Win8.1. That was my wake-from-sleep BSOD cause. It's not the cause of the BSODs while/after gaming however.

Mantis187
10-19-2014, 02:39 AM
well guys i figured out how to get the new drivers working without all the annoying ass crashes. i installed the new drivers, went to Nvidia Control Panel, allowed only the NVIDIA card to run GLOBAL settings, i also DID NOT install the Geforce Experience software. seems after u exit a game the power state going from the GPU to the AGPU causes a power argument kinda the same as when the computer goes to sleep (AKA Nvidia Optimus. after doing this and gaming i have not had ANY more crashes. until asus or nvidia fix the issue this looks about all we can do for now. hope it helps

feferefe
10-21-2014, 08:39 PM
En castellano, Este es el verdadero problema, los drivers de Nvidia, reinstalen los basicos que trae por defecto y solucionado... Really Works

raoul duke
10-22-2014, 11:07 AM
Hopefully they'll find solution for this one. I bought my G750JM 2 months ago, and it already got pretty slow with these BSODs.

Quadzilla
10-22-2014, 09:26 PM
Ive been running Windows 7 on my JM for about a month now with never a single BSOD. On a fresh OEM Windows 8.1 install its BSOD galore all the same problem. Running the factory 8.1 results in less but still frequent enough BSODs that I just stay on Windows 7 now for good.

I gave it every effort too run Windows 8.1 before throwing in the towel and am still in shock Asus has not addressed this issue after all these many months. I tried just for giggles a few days ago to give 8.1 another shot with the latest drivers and yep the issue still persists. It might be less but the fact that it is still there is sad to say the least and funnier on Windows 7 it never has happened period.

hmscott
10-22-2014, 09:57 PM
Ive been running Windows 7 on my JM for about a month now with never a single BSOD. On a fresh OEM Windows 8.1 install its BSOD galore all the same problem. Running the factory 8.1 results in less but still frequent enough BSODs that I just stay on Windows 7 now for good.

I gave it every effort too run Windows 8.1 before throwing in the towel and am still in shock Asus has not addressed this issue after all these many months. I tried just for giggles a few days ago to give 8.1 another shot with the latest drivers and yep the issue still persists. It might be less but the fact that it is still there is sad to say the least and funnier on Windows 7 it never has happened period.

Quadzilla, there might still be hope for a fix, did you try the new 344.48 released today?

Also, has released the G751, and the G751JM has an 860m - but Asus hasn't released this model yet - maybe they are working on a fix so they can release it?

You might complain to Asus about this, and request a G750JS/G751JT replacement to satisfy Asus obligation to you to provide you with suitable product for your payment. So far they haven't. You might as well ask them to make good on their product now, and start the wheels turning to get you a replacement.

https://vip.asus.com <== create a login here, register your G750JM, and file a Technical Inquiry detailing your wasted time, and your patience in waiting for a workable solution, then request a replacement laptop that works - suggest the G750JS / G751JT.

Please come back and let us know how it works out :)

Quadzilla
10-22-2014, 11:10 PM
Yeah I suppose that is an option. Im not sure if those other models have the same issue or it is just the JM . If it is just the JM then it points to a Maxwell issue because those other machines are kepler. Also considering we are the only notebook out there with this issue its a pretty huge deal.

I know Marshall was trying to gather info from people but nothing ever came of it and that original thread all but died plus that was months ago when he last mentioned even wanting to help us so who knows.

At this point im not sure why I kept the machine at all because it cannot run Windows 8.1 properly ,OS it actually ships with ,but I did and there are days where I question the decision even though WIndows 7 is fine but why did I have to waste a license key on it and or install it all. ? Im glad I found a solution to my misery but in reality it is totally unnecessary to have do it and no one should have to. I posted my findings like the other poster did but really it was not to try to encourage people to do it because they should not have to.

Asus excuse seems to be just run there drivers but yeah that support will eventually run out then everyone is SOL for new drivers going forward ....

/Shame on you Asus for not providing a follow up to this issue after all these months.

hmscott
10-23-2014, 07:42 AM
Quadzilla, so far it is just the G750JM, IDK if the G751JM will have the same issue.

You could PM Marshall and ask him what the status is of the fix.

This is unusual for Asus to let something like this go so long, that is why I suggested contacting them and asking for a solution, a date for a solution, or a replacement laptop that isn't a G750JM (or a G751JM).

It doesn't hurt to ask :)

Akris
10-26-2014, 07:20 AM
I just attempted to place a technical claim but I guess that website is having issues to because it refuses to send information even though all fields are filled out. Is there a direct number that we can call in regards to this issue? This problem has gone on for much to long and still having issues with the new release so at this point enough is enough. To me if Asus does not correct this problem soon or without restitution I will sell this product at a loss and find another because at this point ASUS is making Dell look like saints...

hmscott
10-26-2014, 07:31 AM
I just attempted to place a technical claim but I guess that website is having issues to because it refuses to send information even though all fields are filled out. Is there a direct number that we can call in regards to this issue? This problem has gone on for much to long and still having issues with the new release so at this point enough is enough. To me if Asus does not correct this problem soon or without restitution I will sell this product at a loss and find another because at this point ASUS is making Dell look like saints...

Akris, what error are you getting? Can you please post a snippet of the problem?

Here are all the locations to contact Asus

Customer service: 1 (877) 339-2787
Technical support: 1 (888) 678-3688

http://www.service.asus.com/#!b2c/c1h8k

Those are all North American support contacts, you can find your local support by going to the Asus site for your region and find the Contact Us link on the front page.

Sometimes on the weekends a web site will go down. Asus comes back to work tomorrow, so try again after the web site is working again.

leepoe
12-04-2014, 02:15 PM
i think is not at power driver problem
mabye it is the asus problem i buy two rog g 750 jm for my son
but it is just one to this problem another one didnt have

cl-Albert
12-04-2014, 05:43 PM
i think is not at power driver problem
mabye it is the asus problem i buy two rog g 750 jm for my son
but it is just one to this problem another one didnt have

If you have one unit with the problem and one that doesn't, did you notice any differences that could be related to this issue like bios version, hardware and software configuration, etc.?

Any information you could provide would be great. Thanks.

McDoogie
12-12-2014, 12:47 PM
ive been having this problem since day one guys. I have the Asus GL551JM. It happens randomly, i opened up file explorer, and it didn't respond so i opened task manager to see what it was doing.. a few seconds later random driver power state failure. I was installing microsoft office, and during the install i got the driver power state failure when i plugged my power cord in. Calling asus won't help you at all cause i have talked to them 4 times already about this. They will tell you to update your Nvidia graphics driver and uninstall bloatware. They had no clue what to do about this. The only idea one guy had was he asked where my laptop was plugged in at, I said a power strip.. so he said to plug it in directly to the wall to see if that fixes it.. and it did not. So I don't know if its a windows 8.1 error or asus. But I guess we will just have to keep waiting for updates. This is the only problem I have been having.. Other than my apps didn't work when I first got this computer, So I had to do a fresh install of windows 8.1 and that fixed that problem.

McDoogie
12-12-2014, 01:45 PM
*Update* So i checked my events this morning and I noticed a critical error that said Kernel-Power 41. Anyone else have that? I talked to asus again this morning. This time he suggested to do a Windows Refresh. I'm hesitant to do this because as I have stated above, I have already done the "Remove everything and re-install windows" option, which fixed my windows apps that wouldn't open. I just don't see why a refresh would do anything... plus I don't want to have to re-install all my windows updates, drivers, and games AGAIN.

Asushat
12-17-2014, 08:54 AM
Alright. Reposting here since this is the thread with the most recent replies. http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?48151-Help-new-G750JM-after-geforce-experience-update-to-2-1-gt-gt-gt-BSOD/page10 This was my original post yesterday made from my backup craptop as the ASUS was down due to repeated bsod inside of 5 minutes.

Posting from the ASUS today.

Some updates as of today.
1. Disabling turbo-master did work yesterday, however after leaving the system off for 8 hours upon restart had same exact fault pattern inside of 3 minutes of initialization, during the phase when services are still starting or stopping.
2. Disabled all startup threads of nvidia streaming service. Uninstalled the feature. This has made GFE somewhat sketchy but the program and control panel seem to still work properly.
3. After doing this no BSOD. System seems stable. I am leaving turbo-master off for now.
4. Did some more digging. I found interestingly that if you do not run, or allow to run (on startup), ASUS gputweak, but you have it installed, this seems to causes problems with the nvidia GPU driver and may be the result of the failure. Was able to discover that without gputweak running, the gpu clock speeds were behaving abnormally especially during startup or other heavy load states. But with gputweak running (even in background) the clocks behaved normally. This suggests that if I have more bsods uninstalling gputweak may be a solution, or at the very least disabling the "gpu overclock" feature in its control panel. At present, since disabling and removing the nvidia streaming service (and its components which are a known source of similar driver power state failure bsods) seems to have worked, I will leave the system state otherwise unchanged. One exception, have enabled gputweak to run on startup. If it does not run I will manually run it first thing after starting and see if this either improves or reduces system stability.

Of further note. As I am encountering this BSOD with an absolutely brand new computer, with the most up to date nvidia software and drivers, and windows updates, my belief is that this issue contrary to popular belief was NOT totally resolved by recent updated drivers, or at least not for everyone/not for new machines for some reason. So this does appear to be ongoing. Not sure if anyone else has a brand new machine and similar issues.

I have yet to contact ASUS or setup an RMA regarding this as my hope is that I will be able to solve it, or have solved it, by process of elimination of known causes. Also as a last resort I could uninstall all asus related gpu software save intel control center, and then also roll back to the driver people claim is stable. I would prefer to avoid that as I am not sure it would work and it would decrease performance. So hopefully things are good now. Remains to be seen. I have saved copies of all related dump files for today's bsod and can provide them if needed/wanted. Hope these threads are not dead, because this issue sure isn't dead.

Asushat
12-17-2014, 09:27 AM
Kernel power 41 is just event viewer logging an unplanned loss of kernal power. Probably won't tell you anything. Instead go into event viewer and check the system log and especially the application logs. You should find a memory dump event and a bug check event. These will provide you with files, and file locations containing all relevant dump information.

McDoogie
12-20-2014, 07:33 AM
So I ended up doing a system refresh, and restored a system image I had made. Laptop performed fine for 2 days.. Put it through a stress test, had the equalizer 1080p running, shadow of mordor on very high settings, steam opened playing videos, a windows update installing, google chrome opened with 20 tabs. It did not crash, thought maybe it was fine ( I have an RMA ready to send it to manufacturer for them to repair incase it crashed again). But I just logged into my laptop (3rd day after restored system image), and I had steam opened (watching a video) an my google chrome opened (one tab). I hit the back button in steam to go back to store menu, and it didn't respond, and then it got the Driver Power State Failure. So now I think I am just going to send it off to manufacturer see if they can repair it.

hmscott
12-20-2014, 11:18 AM
Guys, there has only been one post for this fix for the G751 - 860m, but it might be worth trying out on the G750:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?48428-G750JM-Daily-BSODS-DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE&p=456309&viewfull=1#post456309

"Needless to say that after uninstalling update KB2975719 4 days ago......I have not had a single BSOD error."

If it does work, you may have to do it more than once, as it has already been re-released by Microsoft - turn off auto-updates from Microsoft, and if you see it come back, make it Hidden so it won't get re-installed.

If you try it out, please post whether it worked or not :)

baimjuvenile
12-24-2014, 02:09 PM
Guys, there has only been one post for this fix for the G751 - 860m, but it might be worth trying out on the G750:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?48428-G750JM-Daily-BSODS-DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE&p=456309&viewfull=1#post456309

"Needless to say that after uninstalling update KB2975719 4 days ago......I have not had a single BSOD error."

If it does work, you may have to do it more than once, as it has already been re-released by Microsoft - turn off auto-updates from Microsoft, and if you see it come back, make it Hidden so it won't get re-installed.

If you try it out, please post whether it worked or not :)

hi hmscott, thx for you posted, after i uninstalling that update, till now, i don't have single a BSOD, but i will post, if i has that
thx once again :)

greenfrj
12-25-2014, 12:05 AM
How do you uninstall KB2975719? When I select it in the list of installed updates it doesn't let me select uninstall. Is there another way?

hmscott
12-25-2014, 12:27 AM
How do you uninstall KB2975719? When I select it in the list of installed updates it doesn't let me select uninstall. Is there another way?

greenfrj, just like program uninstalls, you use the Programs and Features control panel, and when it opens, look on the left side and click on "View Installed Updates", then you get the list of updates, find the on to uninstall and right click Uninstall:

baimjuvenile
12-26-2014, 04:26 PM
greenfrj, just like program uninstalls, you use the Programs and Features control panel, and when it opens, look on the left side and click on "View Installed Updates", then you get the list of updates, find the on to uninstall and right click Uninstall:

i did that, but today i got that BSOD :mad:

hmscott
12-26-2014, 04:30 PM
i did that, but today i got that BSOD :mad:

baimjuvenile, the 344.11 and newer drivers were supposed to address those BSOD's too, have you tried 344.75, .80, or the new 347.09 WHQL (not the BETA) ?

You may have something else going on, as you say you are running 332.60, and that has been enough to keep everyone else from getting that particular BSOD, exiting out of games, so maybe you have something else going on?

Are you running the original Asus OS, or did you do a from scratch Windows install?

RAM-disk
12-26-2014, 09:19 PM
Driver 347.09 BSOD, back to 332.60

RAM-disk
12-26-2014, 09:23 PM
As a side note, I had BSOD on 332.60 when I changed the power settings for the Intel graphics.

baimjuvenile
12-27-2014, 04:41 PM
baimjuvenile, the 344.11 and newer drivers were supposed to address those BSOD's too, have you tried 344.75, .80, or the new 347.09 WHQL (not the BETA) ?

You may have something else going on, as you say you are running 332.60, and that has been enough to keep everyone else from getting that particular BSOD, exiting out of games, so maybe you have something else going on?

Are you running the original Asus OS, or did you do a from scratch Windows install?

hmscott, yeah i'm using Asus OS, and my BSOD no like the others, my BSOD is happen while restarting, or when i want to shunting down the laptop, i really like this laptop for gaming, but i hope asus and nvidia, try to fix this problem soon, and i will try the driver that you mention it, thx before

hmscott
12-27-2014, 04:49 PM
Driver 347.09 BSOD, back to 332.60

You have already tried 344.11 through 344.80?

Did you uninstall the KB2975719 update?

As a side note, I had BSOD on 332.60 when I changed the power settings for the Intel graphics.

You changed the power settings from what to what, with what? In the Intel GPU control panel? What setting(s) made it stable?

Is your BSOD exiting games?

hmscott
12-27-2014, 04:51 PM
hmscott, yeah i'm using Asus OS, and my BSOD no like the others, my BSOD is happen while restarting, or when i want to shunting down the laptop, i really like this laptop for gaming, but i hope asus and nvidia, try to fix this problem soon, and i will try the driver that you mention it, thx before

baimjuvenile, I think that might be a different BSOD than the 860m BSOD... can you post the details - digits - wording of the BSOD, maybe google for it? It might be an unrelated BSOD caused by something else.

RAM-disk
12-27-2014, 05:28 PM
Had changed power setting to maximum battery life, never had the KB2975719 installed.
Then yesterday while watching a video another power state failure with the 332.60 driver, seriously considering putting this junker up on blocks
and finding something else without that garbage optimus and with a removable battery.
Really don't understand how this model cleared engineering and made it into production.

baimjuvenile
12-27-2014, 09:38 PM
baimjuvenile, I think that might be a different BSOD than the 860m BSOD... can you post the details - digits - wording of the BSOD, maybe google for it? It might be an unrelated BSOD caused by something else.

this is the error

hmscott
12-27-2014, 09:59 PM
this is the error

baimjuvenile, thanks for the screen shot, but if you can expand that Window to show the Bug check code and full parameter that would be helpful. You can use Windows Snipping Tool to grab only what you need from the screen and annotate it too.

Use Snipping Tool to capture screen shots
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-snipping-tool-capture-screen-shots#1TC=windows-8

Although a screen shot is nice, just the text of the bugcheck / parameter numbers is enough.

So is it the same bugcheck code and parameters all the time?

I don't have the "860m BSOD" so I don't know if this is the same, or different :)

Anyone else want to post their 860m bugcheck / parameters ?

baimjuvenile
12-28-2014, 09:12 AM
baimjuvenile, thanks for the screen shot, but if you can expand that Window to show the Bug check code and full parameter that would be helpful. You can use Windows Snipping Tool to grab only what you need from the screen and annotate it too.

Use Snipping Tool to capture screen shots
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-snipping-tool-capture-screen-shots#1TC=windows-8

Although a screen shot is nice, just the text of the bugcheck / parameter numbers is enough.

So is it the same bugcheck code and parameters all the time?

I don't have the "860m BSOD" so I don't know if this is the same, or different :)

Anyone else want to post their 860m bugcheck / parameters ?

i think this one more detail

Azrael_Manatheren
02-03-2015, 01:43 PM
So is there no fix to this yet?

Mantis187
03-28-2015, 04:17 AM
Like i said in previous post, until they find a fix for the problem just allow the laptop to run on the NVIDIA card ALL THE TIME. Optimus is a buzzkill and it may run fine a few times. After exiting and opening up game or games optimus tries to set it back to AGPU and kernal errors and crashes happen. Update to the new drivers, only allow laptop to run off of NVIDIA graphics and have fun!

Jaitsu
03-29-2015, 08:46 PM
Guys, you can just use the latest drivers at this point. It's 100% fixed, in my experience - the GPU shuts off when it should, now, and it hasn't blue-screened once in several months. I don't have to force it to always use the NVIDIA card or anything.

The only minor bug that I still see with it is that if a game goes from windowed to fullscreen or vice versa after you start it, the graphics clock can get stuck on a low value until you restart the game. No big deal, there, just a lower framerate.

If you're using the LATEST driver and still crashing, let me know. It may be relevant to state that I've done a total system wipe, and am running Windows 8.1 installed from a fresh Windows install CD, not the recovery partition; I wiped that.

RAM-disk
03-29-2015, 10:11 PM
Still not working for me, just tried the 347.88 driver and BSOD again. I have pretty much given up on this thing , my wife uses it now as her Facebook machine.

Jaitsu
03-30-2015, 02:24 AM
Really? Out of curiosity, have you updated your Intel driver to the latest? It takes a bit of work (you have to uninstall the existing one manually, and have Windows Update up in order to block it from re-downloading the same one, then install the latest one from Intel's site) but I'm curious if that has any effect. I'm on version 10.18.14.4156 right now for the Intel card.

If not, it may be worthwhile to do what I did, and wipe it clean, installing from a clean install disk instead of using the recovery partition.

Either way, I use my G750JM heavily for gaming every day, and the BSOD issue has vanished for me, so I'm not sure why others are still having the issue. SOMETHING I did must've fixed it.

RAM-disk
03-30-2015, 07:51 PM
All my installs have been clean , even tried 2 different HDD with clean installs of Win 7 64 and Win 8.1 64. I'm sure it has to do with batch numbers.
There must have been a totally messed up batch released and some of us ended up with those. Even returning it most likely got you another one from the same batch.

Mantis187
04-03-2015, 08:34 PM
im using 347.88 with NVIDIA gpu used all the time (OC'd as well) still no issues here.

4bluedog
06-05-2015, 12:58 PM
I was having the same problems and looking for a solution since months. Few days ago I've experimented again with drivers and did that:

1. got rid of Intel and Nvidia graphics drivers width Display Driver Uninstaler (in safe mode)

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

2. downloaded latest Intel GPU drivers for HD 4600 and installed it

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=4th+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2% 84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+4600

3. rebooted
4. downloaded latest Nvidia drivers for GTX 860M and installed it

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/85819/en-us

4. rebooted and have stable software/hardware with newest NVIDIA and INTEL GPU drivers witch gave me maximum possible performance.

Trust me guys and girls. If anything before didn't work try this. I've joined this forum only for sharing with You my simple solution.

OliveRog
06-28-2015, 03:50 PM
I am having the same problem.. Asus G551JW , it happens when I turn on Sony Vegas 13 which is a proffesional program for video editing, and after a while of working on it, the computer shots down... I tried that start up tip to unmark that quick start up, I chcecked if everything is the latest version ... and it still does the same...I have my PC 3days and thats really sad that it happens .. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME?